Being a bridesmaid and wanting to slim down?

Options
CatAMcC
CatAMcC Posts: 166 Member
Hi - I been asked to be bridesmaid twice next year (both 2 weeks apart and in diff countries!)

Anyone else looking to slim down for a wedding? Im using this to get my act together and go full swing for next 10 months so I can look great for the girls and also for myself too as Ive been nearly at my target and then wavered around it.

Im not sure if allowed to say but anyone on twitter who wants to keep in touch motivated etc as find it a more direct way or being in contact that on the site. My account is slimmingbmaid or can keep in touch on this forum if not.

I just need some support and would love to help others if possible.

Cat x

Replies

• craftandangel
    Options
    Yes! I'm being bridesmaid for my brother in November and I would like to slim down so that I can feel really good about myself.

But as I love to cook, I find motivation to diet really hard!!

What can we do for each other?

Laura.
  • Lacey_Cakes
    Lacey_Cakes Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am being a bridesmaid (MOH) In Sept and im trying to lose 30 lbs by then :)
  • runawayescape
    runawayescape Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm being a bridesmaid next year for my sister. I hope I am happy with myself by then cause I will have to see myself in these photos for the rest of my life and I feel it would spoil the day a bit for me if I am just focused on how self concious I feel and not my sister and her boyfriend.
  • bunnymum150
    bunnymum150 Posts: 311
    Options
    Hi Ladies - best to you all with your goals.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    What I would like to share, along with many others whom have shared this since joing MFP Feb 2013.
    Please consider focusing on optimal health via nutrition, activity and what ever else comes to mind:smile::smile:
    As your focus becomes health and fitness - the pounds will gradually come down as a bonus:heart::heart:
    It makes me so sad when I read about individuals struggling with not reaching goals and this can be such a downer.
    I am sure that you will find MFP very motivating and will find lots of ideas - one that I really liked was to try Jillian Michaels 30DS - 30 day shred - a great DVD I picked up from target (3 cycles of weights/cardio/abs) - if you have not done so - check out some of the posts for this.

Best to you all on your journey for optimal health:smile::smile:
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I'm Ron Burgundy?
  • kaybeau
    kaybeau Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I lost my first lot of weight so I could be a bridesmaid , shame I put it back on
  • smithed812
    smithed812 Posts: 289
    Options
    I'm being the maid of honor in a wedding a year from now, which is one of my biggest motivators! Don't want to look so chubby in my beautiful dress :(
  • CatAMcC
    Options
    I'm being a bridesmaid next year for my sister. I hope I am happy with myself by then cause I will have to see myself in these photos for the rest of my life and I feel it would spoil the day a bit for me if I am just focused on how self concious I feel and not my sister and her boyfriend.

Yes im the same
  • CatAMcC
    Options
    Hi Ladies - best to you all with your goals.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    What I would like to share, along with many others whom have shared this since joing MFP Feb 2013.
    Please consider focusing on optimal health via nutrition, activity and what ever else comes to mind:smile::smile:
    As your focus becomes health and fitness - the pounds will gradually come down as a bonus:heart::heart:
    It makes me so sad when I read about individuals struggling with not reaching goals and this can be such a downer.
    I am sure that you will find MFP very motivating and will find lots of ideas - one that I really liked was to try Jillian Michaels 30DS - 30 day shred - a great DVD I picked up from target (3 cycles of weights/cardio/abs) - if you have not done so - check out some of the posts for this.

Best to you all on your journey for optimal health:smile::smile:

Im already on a great weight loss journey but using this chance and opportunity to keep me focused until next year. Im not just seeing this as a short term goal. As already losing a lot of weight through sWorld im now wanting to focus on exercise and activity to keep this up and to help shape body. Lose weight but some people have bodies that need to tone.

And for bridesmaid dresses you need to be comfortable especially if not wearing a dress you particularly like or its been made for you so has to flatter your shape.
  • CatAMcC
    Options
    I'm being the maid of honor in a wedding a year from now, which is one of my biggest motivators! Don't want to look so chubby in my beautiful dress :(

Im using this to get my final weight loss in check and maybe might be my wedding after theirs.......... if bf pulls finger out! So means i get their interest and support also as they feel they helping me out also and Im not making it all about me!
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I too am trying to get slimmer over the next 10 months... but the kicker is I'm also the Bride AND bridesmaid all in the same weekend! Please feel free to add me on MFP. I haven't started wedding dress shopping yet BECAUSE of the fact that I'm not where I want to be physically.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    But as I love to cook, I find motivation to diet really hard!!

This, makes no sense. NONE. If you love to cook, you shouldn't have any issues eating healthier - you can cook all kinds of really good healthy food.
  • Xenophonica
    Xenophonica Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Also a bridesmaid in September :) I have no specific number as my goal, but I did buy a dress. I look alright in it right now, but my aim is to look better in it (or better yet, HAVE to panic last minute and find a different dress!). So far, I've lost nearly 6 inches and 11lbs.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    And for bridesmaid dresses you need to be comfortable especially if not wearing a dress you particularly like or its been made for you so has to flatter your shape.
    OMG yes! I'm in 2 weddings this fall, exactly 1 month apart (1 in Sept, the other Oct), and the one in Oct picked a dress that looks TERRIBLE on me and one of the other bridesmaids. She went with 1 of her 6 bridesmaids to pick it out, and it looks good on her, but the 2 of us are pear-shaped and overweight. It's awful!

(It's this one: http://www.houseofbrides.com/mori-lee-bridesmaid-dress-style-652-p-4-28-74513.aspx - you can tell just by looking at it that it's not good for overweight pear-shaped women :frown: )
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm a MOH this Nov...i just dont' want to look like shiny sausage casing...is that too much to ask? I'd be happy just to be under 200lbs but my aim is to hit 180.,..good luck to all of us!
  • CatAMcC
    Options
    I too am trying to get slimmer over the next 10 months... but the kicker is I'm also the Bride AND bridesmaid all in the same weekend! Please feel free to add me on MFP. I haven't started wedding dress shopping yet BECAUSE of the fact that I'm not where I want to be physically.

Wow! What a weekend for you!
  • CatAMcC
    Options
    OMG yes! I'm in 2 weddings this fall, exactly 1 month apart (1 in Sept, the other Oct), and the one in Oct picked a dress that looks TERRIBLE on me and one of the other bridesmaids. She went with 1 of her 6 bridesmaids to pick it out, and it looks good on her, but the 2 of us are pear-shaped and overweight. It's awful!

(It's this one: http://www.houseofbrides.com/mori-lee-bridesmaid-dress-style-652-p-4-28-74513.aspx - you can tell just by looking at it that it's not good for overweight pear-shaped women :frown: )

I can see what you mean BUT if you keep healthy and fit bet you will look fab!!
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    On the other hand I a the mother of the groom, wedding is Nov. next year and I have about 60 pounds to lose, I have bought an outfit soewhat too small to give me some extra incentive. But if I have another day like today I will struggle, blew it wel and truly today and still cannot believe I did that.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options

I can see what you mean BUT if you keep healthy and fit bet you will look fab!!
    Thanks! I'm sure you'll look great in your bridesmaid dress too!
  • CatAMcC
    Options
    On the other hand I a the mother of the groom, wedding is Nov. next year and I have about 60 pounds to lose, I have bought an outfit soewhat too small to give me some extra incentive. But if I have another day like today I will struggle, blew it wel and truly today and still cannot believe I did that.

Day not over! You had a 'blip'. Best way is to try hardest REST of the day rather than making it worse!