Just started ... I mean now!

Options
I just joined this site less than an hour ago. I'm 49, married to the greatest guy on Earth! I have many health complications (FMS, possible FXTAS, neuropathy, CKD(newly diagnosed), DM2, hypertension). I'm really afraid that if I don't lose the weight that I will not live much longer:( I've tried and tried to lose weight and keep it off but always regain whatever I lose:( IF I can't do it myself, my husband says he will pay for me to have bariatric surgery (lap band) and I am probably going to do that if I don't change really fast. My health is at stake here so it is now or never. I really need the support and would really love to make friends on here. I'll try to sign in every day but due to physical limitations, I can't always type so pls bear with me. Thanks so much. FatCatLady (PS: hubby and I have 5 cats that are like our children):)

Replies

• sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    welcom.. how about being a friend!
  • PrincessGaylie
    Options
    Hi, My name is Gayla. Me and my dad joined the other day. We are making alot of lifestyle changes also for health reasons. My dad has alot of blockage in his heart. If he dose not loose weight and excersise I am afraid that he will have a heart attack. I know how scary it is to be over weight and have poor health. If you would like you can add me as a friend and I will help support you in your journey. But stay positive! The pounds will not pour off, but if you work hard you can make a huge difference.
  • Jan_Neen
    Options
    Hi I have just joined. I am 25 & have CKD too. My GFR IS 26% & I am told I will need a transplant in the future. I need to loose a stone & a half & I'm hoping once I do this my body & immune system will be in great shape for when that time comes.
  • kymitchell08
    Options
    Welcome! You've come to the right place for support and tools! I love this site, and the people here are friendly and nonjudgmental! I hope this works out for you, so that you can avoid the surgery! Good luck!