Beat my Wedding Day Weight!

Options
papillon71
papillon71 Posts: 92 Member
I am thrilled, I weighed in today on the scales to discover I had reached an important milestone of beating my wedding day weight from September 2007, that was the lightest I had been in 6 years of marriage until NOW. I have lost 34.3lb (15.6kg) since January 5th 2013, steady loss every week, averaging 1.5lbs a week. I did not think I could do this as have a severe back injury that prevents me from exercising as in chronic pain and physically limited. I stuck to a strict 1200 cal a day routine and changed every bad habit I had. I have about another 40lbs to lose to get to my goal weight, but am so happy to reach this milestone. My husband now has the lightest wife he has ever had!

Keep going on your journey, never say never, I did the diet yo yo for years until getting it on track this year, I am 41 and reckon I have added years to my life expectancy, moved from the obese to the overweight BMI range and heading towards healthy weight. I honestly did not think I would lose this much in 6 months. If I can do it I believe anyone can.

Thanks for letting me share, good luck on your journey. Happy to friend for mutual support and encouragement. :smile:

Replies

• ssmower
    ssmower Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to be my wedding weight again...you are an inspiration! Congrats!!! Keep it up!
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    great post to read, well done :)
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    WTG!
  • steamtrain1999
    Options
    Definetly awesome!! That is my goal for now to reach my wedding weight.. my wedding was 14yrs ago.
  • kara2
    kara2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring story. It proves to me that no matter what our circumstances we can acheive our goals if we put for the effort. Thanks for sharing.
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My wedding weight is 100 lbs less than what I weigh today, a shame to say it but true. For years I was a student, didn't have a car, walked and took public transportation everywhere. Fast forward 21 yrs, well established at work and obese. I have started on this journey, am super motivated, have lost 37 lbs and 22 inches in 3 months. I just hope that next year this time I can post a story like yours. In the meantime, my skinny husband still loves me, fluffy and all.....:laugh:
  • H3eather
    H3eather Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    GREAT job, Max!
  • papillon71
    papillon71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, and for those aiming for their wedding day weight - keep going! You can do it and do better even x
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Great Job. I hit mine this month as well. I was married 13 years ago - the weight stuck around longer than the (now x) husband. Next goal... pre-university! Keep up the great work!
  • MissySchwab
    MissySchwab Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    that is so awesome
  • rlizbeth
    rlizbeth Posts: 5
    Options
    Wow thats a brilliant story and very inspirational. Thanks for motivating me and well done you deserve it. Thank you for sharing.
  • butterflycutie1
    butterflycutie1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!