FitBit? Which one should I consider?

Options
2»

Replies

• EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I adore my Flex. I do have to add in my stationary bike work and my weight training to calculate the additional caloric output, but... that's fine. I'm at a disadvantage though because I don't have an iPhone or an Android phone, so it doesn't sync unless I'm home and my laptop is turned on. But the lights help me enough. The biggest advantage I've found is that it very much tracks my less than optimum sleep patterns... I'm tired all the time because I'm waking 17 times a frickin' night! :)

I'm thinking about getting the Aria as well though... I tried a couple of other scales out, and had to return them because they didn't work whatsoever.
  • BarkoD
    BarkoD Posts: 1
    Options
    I have the Flex and i love it. I originally bought it for sleep tracking. The thing i really like the most about it is that i set up mine so that the steps and calories i burned will show up on myfitnesspal.com and i can use the fitnesspal app to log my meals and it communicates with my flex. It makes it really easy to keep an accurate log of activity and calorie intake.
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I have the the One and love it. I had the Flex and returned it because of miscalculation in steps. It would calculate steps when I was sitting but moving my arms. It did not calculate steps when my arm was stationary like pushing a shopping cart. It would over calculate when I carried my purse.

It went back to the store and I got the One. I have had it a month now and it is so much easier to determine my cals for the day whether I am lounging on my sofa or running all over town.
  • Shadowcub
    Shadowcub Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Regarding the stair count not being accurate:

You have to gain and lose 10 vertical feet in order to count as a flight of stairs.

See, that wouldn't really work for me. I had to wait for quite a while at my Dr's office last week and kept going up and down the 1/2 flight of stairs from street to office level. Would have counted it as walking, I assume, but never would have given me credit for all the ups and downs.
  • OrionG
    OrionG Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My employer and FitBit have teamed and they're giving us 30% off a device excluding Aria - which is what I wanted... Anyway, was thinking about getting one because of the offer. I know they rebranded one of the items - what do you have and what do you like about it? Trying to see if I should get one and not just for the sake of getting one or saving up for something else like a Garmin HRM.

@gogojodee

I use the FitBit One and love it. I pretty much have it on 24 hours a day. Highly accurate, easy to get data from. Highly recommended.
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    one!
  • shaleyn
    shaleyn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've had my One for almost a week and absolutely love it!
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Options
    Bump
  • kingtermite
    kingtermite Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Regarding the stair count not being accurate:

You have to gain and lose 10 vertical feet in order to count as a flight of stairs.

See, that wouldn't really work for me. I had to wait for quite a while at my Dr's office last week and kept going up and down the 1/2 flight of stairs from street to office level. Would have counted it as walking, I assume, but never would have given me credit for all the ups and downs.
    It would count that just fine. It doesn't look at overall height, it looks at gains. If you go up and down then it would count the ups each time (it doesn't count downs, I believe). If the vertical gain was 5' for that 1/2 flight of stairs, then it would give you a flight every 2X you went UP it.