Hi I'm new here....

Options
Hello my name is Rosa. I have been on a diet since the 1st of June. I have lost 15 lbs. My body has shrunk in just over a week. My family has been commenting on just how quickly I have been transforming. I'm very excited. I have changed our whole households way of eating. Buying whole grains instead of white flour breads. Vegies, fruits, and yogurt replaced pastas, chips, candy, and ice cream. We are eating more fish and chicken. Switched olive oil for veg. oil. Brown rice and whole wheat pastas too. I have noticed there is alternative ways to make some fave. dishes. I bought tons of bottled water and the zero calorie flavor squeezes for the kids to add. I personally have been doing zumba on xbox twice a day for 30 minutes each session. Drinking tons of water and green tea. My children are also losing weight. They do the dance games for xbox too. I've done diets in the past but didn't last long. Now my doctor has diagnosed me with diabetes and I am dead serious about losing this weight. My mother died at age 47 from complications of diabetes and I'm going to be 41 next month. So I'm hoping to maybe meet other people here to help me through those days when I'm dragging my feet. Get some inspiration from those who have lost and not give up. So far I've had a few moments of temptation but I just think of my kids and talk myself out of it. The other day it seemed I ate all day long and was feeling really guilty. I STILL LOST WEIGHT THAT DAY!!! I ate veggies with lite ranch, fruits, whole wheat crackers with peanut butter, tuna, eggs...omg....And I felt full and satisfied. It surely beats starving yourself. Anyway thanks for reading my post & Have a great day! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• butterflycutie1
    butterflycutie1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Rosa! Congrats on your weight loss. I'm new too. Feel free to add me. We can motivate each other :)
  • Amalthea_Rose
    Amalthea_Rose Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I'm new as well and trying to implement some of what you've said .. not easy in a house full of people set in their ways, but trying a little at a time with them .. feel free to add me so we can motivate and support each other!
  • dianadelargy
    Options
    Hi! Sounds like you are doing great. Add me for support.
  • BIGGGMOMMMA
    BIGGGMOMMMA Posts: 190
    Options
    Hello Diana,Skittles and Butterfly, Thanx for the support... :love:
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are off to a great start!! :) Feel free to add me too if you like!
  • LeesaMarie63
    Options
    Hello Rosa, congrats on your weight loss. I have lost about 16 but its taken me much longer. Keep it up!!
  • BIGGGMOMMMA
    BIGGGMOMMMA Posts: 190
    Options
    Thank you Grandma! :smile:
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, that is a fantastic start!
  • PDNicholson
    Options
    Hi! I'm Pam. Congrats on your weight loss thus far. I am 42 and new to myfitnesspal too. Feel free to add me for support. We can encourage each other on our journey to wellness. Keep up the good work!
  • tiny447
    tiny447 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Rosa,
    You are indeed doing a Great Job- keep it up! I am also new and have lost 12 lbs since March 5th- about 1 lb a week,
    I too have changed the way I eat. I have not had any soda, fried food or fast food for 4 months now. Eating lots of fruit and veggies and having protein will help. With me I feel satified with what i eat but need to figure out how to bump up my calories since i eat an avg of 1100 per day- that is my challenge. I agree with you on changing the way you eat since I am afraid of getting diabetes since my grandmother had it and my weight is mostly in my mid section, bad place. One thing that helps me is that I eat most of my carbs by lunchtime and i eat 3 meals and 2 snacks a day. I am still trying to find foods that are Lactose free since I cannot have milk.
    As I said you are doing great- add me if you like - keep it up!! :smile: :smile:
  • sskaufel
    sskaufel Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, I'm new also. I have only been on this site for 6 days but I have lost 5 lbs already. I need to learn these life changes for the health of my son and myself. I watch my mom who is only 60, she is obese and it hurts to watch her sit there all day, she can barely walk and can't do activities with my son and I. I hope to make these life changes and to help her incorporate them into her life. Overall I don't want my son feeling the way I do about my mom when he is my age. We can do this!!!
  • tcraw15
    tcraw15 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi Rosa, congrats on your weight-loss! I would be happy to be a supportive friend if you need it. Feel free to add me. :)
  • careena1
    careena1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me if you like. : )
  • mammakat0830
    mammakat0830 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi,

You can add me, we can help each other out from one diabetic to another...
  • prgirl39
    prgirl39 Posts: 108
    Options
    That is wonderful Rosa. Happy to see you are making great changes. Thanks for sharing your tips. Good luck and remember you are not alone. I am on a journey to be healthy too! Made some changes in my life and have lost 13 pounds. I am pre diabetic so I know what you are going through.

Add me if you want!
  • KathyKA007
    KathyKA007 Posts: 19
    Options
    Congratulations Rosa!! Keep up the great work.. Feel free to add me if you like :flowerforyou:
  • Grace4DebraAnn
    Grace4DebraAnn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hello Rosa, keep up the great work. You are rocking it, feel free to add me. I am on daily and lead a weight loss healthy living group at my Church. I would be happy to encourage and support you along your weight loss journey. Just remember your journey will not always be easy, but NEVER give up.

Debra
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new also. I have only been on this site for 6 days but I have lost 5 lbs already. I need to learn these life changes for the health of my son and myself. I watch my mom who is only 60, she is obese and it hurts to watch her sit there all day, she can barely walk and can't do activities with my son and I. I hope to make these life changes and to help her incorporate them into her life. Overall I don't want my son feeling the way I do about my mom when he is my age. We can do this!!!

Welcome to MFP and if your mom wants to she can become more active and walk more. I went from hardly walking at all and parking in handicap spaces in order to be as close as I could to becoming more fit and doing things I never thought I would do. 15 months ago I started slowly, 12 months ago I was able to quit using my cane and this weekend I participated in a 5K and finished in the top 3rd with a time of 35:10.

Keep it up and your success may be what is needed to motivate your mom! It has taken almost a year but my wife is now walking with me and changing her diet as well. Feel free to add me if you want.

John
  • mizzcookiebee
    Options
    Excellent job, Rosa! I'm glad you see that being on a "diet" is not about eliminating everything you love and starving yourself. It's about healthy alternatives. You are doing a wonderful thing for yourself and your family and I'm sure you'll have many wonderful years with them thanks to your courageous decision. :D
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi Rosa! Welcome! You have come to the right place for support. The people on this site is awesome and has the knowledge needed on any given topic! They are here for you during the ups and downs. Thanks for sharing your story, sounds like you are off to a great start! Add me if you like, or anybody else who wants to add me is welcome to do so also!