the weekend blues

Options
I have the hardest time on the weekends to eat right, all my friends want to get together for cookouts and go out with the family for Sunday lunch and it never fails I always end up with something on my plate that I know I shouldn't be eating. Need some ideas on ways to kick these weekend habits or maybe ideas for healthier choices. Thanks everyone for your input :)

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Just because it's on your plate doesn't mean it has to go into your mouth. If it's something you like, by all means, eat it and enjoy. If you don't enjoy it, eat around it and then dispose of it at the appropriate time. If you're having a cook out with friends why not bring a healthier side dish that you can indulge in?
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Same here ~_~ lol I ate probably 3.5k calories today :s
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I purposefully arrange my calorie week so that I can relax at the weekends and enjoy family get togethers...works for me :smile:
  • twinkfran
    twinkfran Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Maybe do some extra exercise so you can allow yourself one or two small treats.
    Pick and choose the treats you really want –e.g. tell yourself if you allow yourself one beer, no bread with the BBQ beer, if you want some of the potato salad, you won’t have the coleslaw
    If you are going to a restaurant, check the menu in advance online so you know how many calories to budget for
    Pile up your plate with the healthy veg first so there isn’t room for the bad stuff or just a bit

And if you fall of the wagon, just get back on it the next day and start afresh. I used to have the attitude that if I slip and over eat one day, I may as well give up and carry on eating too much. Don’t let the guilt make you carry on with the bad eating
  • minerva354
    Options
    I eat what everybody else eats, but I eat very small portions. That way I get to share in the fun and have something delicious, but I don't go over my calorie limit. Alcohol is a big no-no. :smile:
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    What chatogal said.
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    No need to deprive yourself, just consume in MODERATION! It's proven that it's the quantity you take in, not necessarily the type of food. I'm not clean eating, but have cut back on my consumption of food, and I've lost 35 lbs over 3 months...with exercise too of course. But when I want a beer (or a few), I have them. When I want junk food, I eat it. When I want a fast food burger (or fries, etc), I allow myself. Just stay mindful of just how much you're putting in your mouth!

The great thing is when weather is nice enough to have cookouts, it's surely nice enough to swim, mow the lawn, and do an array of other activities that make you sweat! Good luck! :-)
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    i have trouble on the weekends too. my family likes to eat out at restaurants on the weekends.. which im thankful because i dont have to cook.. but it makes for some not the best food. the suggestions i can come up with are... eat before you go so you wont be hungry? (if you can refrain from eating just because) find something light to fill up on so that you wont eat as much of the other food. eat way smaller portions. excercise before or after to counteract the calories. i know it sucks. you have to make some sacrifice somewhere.. best of luck.