If you are using a Body Media / Jawbone / Fitbit / Fuel Band

Options
If you are using a device that measures all-day burn, could you please post the following?

Device:
Daily Average Burn:
Workout schedule:
Weight

Is your weight/body composition trend indicating accuracy of the device?

************************************************************************************

Here's mine:

Device: Body Media Link
Daily Average Burn: 2850 calories
Workout schedule: 5-6 hrs/week total over 5 days; 2 rest days. Includes strength training, running & martial arts.
Weight: 157

I'm pretty sure this thing is accurate. I'm currently eating almost every calorie it's giving me (about a 200 calorie daily deficit; unintentional - just my desire not to go over) and my weight has dropped.

Replies

• GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Device: Body Media Link
    Daily Average Burn: 2425
    Workout schedule: varies - usually 3 days strength 35 -45 mins each , either incline hills or sprint intervals 1x a week, few hrs of walking on weekends
    Gender. Female
    Age 48 (49 in 3 months, eep)
    Weight 139 - 141lbs

I had been undereating unintentionally, thought I fell between light and moderate activity. Have gradually upped calories from 1500ish to 2256 average this week. Considering I have not gained I'd say it's accurate.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Bump for later - interested in the results and will update when I get my FitBit.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    bump... will add my info when I get to work and sync this weekend's data.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    bump, to follow topic
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    just bumping - im interested in what people have to say about these devices as i have been considering one. i really like the sound of the basis band, but you have not included it on your list. :)
  • amanda_gent
    amanda_gent Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Device: Fitbit
    Daily Average Burn: 2000
    Workout schedule: 45 mins - 1 hr. lifting 3x week, spinning 45 mins 2-3 week, daily 20-30 min walking
    Gender F
    Age 48
    Weight 115

I've been losing about 1/2 lb. per week for the last month by eating on average very slightly below FB burn - 100 calories less.
  • jessmastrilli
    jessmastrilli Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Getting fitbit next week...
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Device: FitBit Flex
    Daily Average Burn: 3042 (based on 1 week of ownership)
    Workout schedule: no set sechedule, mix of cardio and strength, probably 2 cardio workouts for every 1 strength session.
    Weight: 170

Is your weight/body composition trend indicating accuracy of the device? Huh? I average a deficit of about 500 cals per day, which isn't enough to really evaluate is just 1 week.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    If you are using a device that measures all-day burn, could you please post the following?

Device:BodyMedia Fit
    Daily Average Burn:2600
    Workout schedule: Weights 3X week with HIIT, on my feet chasing kids and working outside all other times.
    Weight:161

Is your weight/body composition trend indicating accuracy of the device? Yes. When I stick with a 500-600 cal deficit, I lose 1 lb a week. Lately my deficit has been closer to 300-400 cals, but am still losing close to 1 lb a week.
  • zlauerMom
    zlauerMom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Device: BodyMedia Link
    Daily Average Burn: 2400 (This is down from about 2700 when I first started using BMF)
    Workout schedule: 3 (sometimes 4) times a week doing a half hour video (like 30 dayShred or Supreme90Day) followed by a run of about 3-4 miles or less.
    Gender Female
    Age 45
    Weight 157 currently. I started losing at 196 in late December.

Yes, It has been working for me. I set a goal of weight loss of 1.5 pounds a week starting in mid January. My original goal was to get to 160 by the end of May. I did that and reached my goal date and weight, with an average loss of 1.54 pounds a week. Once I reached that goal I made a new goal of getting to 150 pounds by losing 1.0 pound a week.

I'm finding it a bit harder as time goes on because I burn much less calories at my new weight, but so far, so good. My current settings are 2200 calories burned and 1700 calories consumed. I find it difficult to reach the 2200 calories burned on the days I don't exercise.

I should probably mention that at least one day a week I eat around 2000 calories. Over the week I still will hit my average deficit. I've done this from the beginning.

Trends I've noticed for myself--- If I start a new exercise program, I'll gain or not lose for several days up to a couple of weeks and then I'll have a big weight loss. If I eat out and BMF complains to me about my sodium in take, I'll gain weight for a couple of days, then I'll have a big weight loss.
  • Pink_Cheek
    Pink_Cheek Posts: 92
    Options

Device: BodyMedia Link
    Daily Average Burn: It has been around 2800 a day
    Workout schedule: I do Insanity 6 times a week, just started month 2 where the workouts are longer.
    Weight : 217

Is your weight/body composition trend indicating accuracy of the device? I am loosing weight, but I do notice a difference between what my Link says I burn during a workout and what my HRM says I burn...it is normally at least 50-100 cal difference. I do eat back what the Link says I should when it syncs with MFP, but I don't eat over that even knowing that I am burning more than what the LINK shows for my workouts.
  • ghfit
    ghfit Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Body Media Core

Still trying to figure out what is what on this since I didn't really "read" the pamphlet, just skimmed it.
    So far, I love it.
    I've only had it less than a week so I dont know about my normal calories burn.

Interesting thread, will follow the replies :)
  • Jess830409
    Jess830409 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Device: Fitbit Ultra
    Daily Average Burn: 2,116 (average intake is 1,451)
    Workout schedule: 30 Day Shred 3-4 x week plus Turbo Fire HIIT workouts 3-4 x week
    Weight: 134.6 (yesterday weigh in)

Is your weight/body composition trend indicating accuracy of the device? I have been using the fitbit for almost a year now and I find it to be fairly accurate. I don't believe it measures very intense cardio correctly because it does not have a HRM but overall it has helped me kep track of my TDEE and I find it is a big part of my progress. I am averaging about 0.5 to 1.0 lb loss a week
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Keehive
    Keehive Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Device: Fitbit one
    Daily Average Burn: 2,917
    Workout schedule: 4-7 days a week of walking(depending on the weather) 4 miles, 5 days of one or more workouts from youtube ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLKrrtvL1_A&list=PLQ8fS-YG6CzT6NvHQswPSgNSvk0MKEyL6&index=1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_J8btnIEKQ&list=PLQ8fS-YG6CzT6NvHQswPSgNSvk0MKEyL6
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUZuKIUXcYg&list=PLQ8fS-YG6CzT6NvHQswPSgNSvk0MKEyL6 )
    Weight : 194

Is your weight/body composition trend indicating accuracy of the device? Yes

I've been able to use the fitbit to add calories available (for me to eat) and lose weight at the same time. I have lost 10 lbs since starting myfitnesspal along with fitbit (been doing both for about a month).

I recommend fitbit to everyone I know! I love my fitbit! I'm even getting the fitbit flex for my boyfriend for fathers day
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Device: Fitbit One
    Daily Average Burn: 3395
    Workout schedule: Walk at home 6-7 miles a day(for winter months only..so till Sept) then 10 - 11 km run. Then also my walking to supermarket & anywhere else. I do not drive at all so walking is my only option. Workout like this is daily NO EXCUSES
    Weight : 59kg

Is your weight/body composition trend indicating accuracy of the device? Yep
  • HappyElizabeth
    HappyElizabeth Posts: 231 Member
    Options

Device: Fitbit One
    Daily Average Burn over the last 30 days: 2400 (1700 average intake)
    Workout schedule: Running, walking, Mixed Martial Arts (no particular schedule)
    Weight: 154
    Height: 5'8"

Is your weight/body composition trend indicating accuracy of the device? Yes. But, in the beginning, I was on a 1000 calorie deficit which was too much for me and I was not losing the promised "2 pounds per week". I have actually lost more weight consistently at about a 700 calorie per day deficit.