Plateau officially BROKEN!!! Yahoo!!!

AJCM
AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
Hi MFP Friends,

Just had to share my excitement... :tongue:

I was stuck for 4 weeks without any weight lost, and for the past two weeks, I've lost 1lb each week! I've officially broken through my plateau, with only 5lbs to go!!!

I actually INCREASED me calories - and it worked! (go figure - thanks Banks). I should also note that I increased my exercise as well, and did go to bed with a grumble in the tummy one or two nights each week. I've also tried the calorie and exercise zig zagging which might have helped.

To anyone who is stuck with a plateau - just hold on, and it will break soon!!! Trying mixing things up, just don't give up!!!
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• AJCM
    Hi MFP Friends,

Just had to share my excitement... :tongue:

I was stuck for 4 weeks without any weight lost, and for the past two weeks, I've lost 1lb each week! I've officially broken through my plateau, with only 5lbs to go!!!

I actually INCREASED me calories - and it worked! (go figure - thanks Banks). I should also note that I increased my exercise as well, and did go to bed with a grumble in the tummy one or two nights each week. I've also tried the calorie and exercise zig zagging which might have helped.

To anyone who is stuck with a plateau - just hold on, and it will break soon!!! Trying mixing things up, just don't give up!!!
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! That's Awesome..:smile::flowerforyou:
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    congratulations! I am just begining my Plateau adventure. Been stuck for two weeks now without any weight loss. MFP says I should eat 1200 calories a day . ( I usually eat about 1400 and then walk it off on my treadmill to get back to 1200) I hope mine doesn't last long..:ohwell:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    YEA!!!!! I am sooooo happy for you!! Just when you were going to give up!!! I knew it would happen if you were just patient and it did!!! YIPEE!!!!

I am anxious to see how I do this week! I lost 1lb last week not feeling it this week but we shall see!!
  • nat8100
    nat8100 Posts: 17
    Congrats!

What do you mean by "calorie and exercise zig zagging"?
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Congratulations!
  • lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    Congratulations. Those plateaus stink :noway:
  • AJCM
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! That's Awesome..:smile::flowerforyou:

Thanks! :flowerforyou: And thanks everyone for the kind words!!!
  • AJCM
    congratulations! I am just begining my Plateau adventure. Been stuck for two weeks now without any weight loss. MFP says I should eat 1200 calories a day . ( I usually eat about 1400 and then walk it off on my treadmill to get back to 1200) I hope mine doesn't last long..:ohwell:

Hey - don't give up! Any you know what, I was eating 1200 cals for those 4 weeks where I lost nothing. I upped the cals to about 1600, and upped the exercise about another 200-400 as well, and I started losing again... maybe worth a try??? :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    YEA!!!!! I am sooooo happy for you!! Just when you were going to give up!!! I knew it would happen if you were just patient and it did!!! YIPEE!!!!

I am anxious to see how I do this week! I lost 1lb last week not feeling it this week but we shall see!!

Thanks! Let us know how you do (you weigh Tuesdays, no?)
  • AJCM
    Congrats!

What do you mean by "calorie and exercise zig zagging"?

Yes!!! I zig zagged both!!! The exericse was never less than a 20 minute run, but them some days I added Jillian Michael's shred, or aerobics, or some strength training. I do take one day off a week, and just chase my kids at the park! :flowerforyou:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    That's AWESOME!!! I am so proud of you!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:

No plateau here I've decided... just poor choices and not enough exercise. BUT I am officially re-motivated!!! Thank you, AJ!!! You look great girly!!! :wink: :happy: :tongue:

:heart: Kris
  • AJCM
    That's AWESOME!!! I am so proud of you!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:

No plateau here I've decided... just poor choices and not enough exercise. BUT I am officially re-motivated!!! Thank you, AJ!!! You look great girly!!! :wink: :happy: :tongue:

:heart: Kris

Thanks Kris (uuuhhhh - you don't think it's my hair cut that made the difference, do you??? :wink: )
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    YEY YOU!!! YOU GO GIRL! I think I am happier when I increase my calories...It is so scuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuury to actually do it though! HOORAY FOR YOU!
  • AJCM
    YEY YOU!!! YOU GO GIRL! I think I am happier when I increase my calories...It is so scuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuury to actually do it though! HOORAY FOR YOU!

Thanks! Btw... what's with your new pic? Looks like you don't need to lose another lb, you are hot girl!!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Congrats! I am SOO happy for you!!!! I knew it would happen! You are definitely an inspiration, especially to those with only a few lbs to lose who feel stuck. You are proof that your body will respond eventually!

:flowerforyou: :drinker:
    -Tam
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    That is awesome!!! I have been watching your ticker and praying that it would go down for you!!!!! WHoohooo!!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Great news
    Yahooooo...
    I knew the hard work would pay off...you're going to look smokin in that bikini :)
    Hubby is going to be VERY happy..LOL

Kim
  • AJCM
    Tami, 2 Shoes, Kimber and all - thanks for the support! Your support has made the difference for me!
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Nice job!

I've been losing a lot more slowly as I get closer to my goal weight too. I've been trying to vary my calories, types of exercise and exercise time also, and it is still coming off, but so much more slowly than it was. I started training to run a marathon, and I'm hoping that's going to help me to shed the last ten pounds or so, and also allow me to eat more at the same time. It's good to hear that eating more and changing things up is working for you too.

Here's to pushing past the plateaus and getting to our goals!:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!