anyones whos over 225

Options
How many calories are your calorie goal? Mine is 1290 and Im wondering if thats too low for someone my weight, thanks

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    thats probably about right but if you exercise it adds the exercise calories into your calories. so if you want to eat more exercise more , or you can adjust it by setting it to loose 1lb a week then it will give you more calories
  • marymooster
    marymooster Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    HI I am >225. mine is 1540 but I am 5'11. 1290 would be ok... and probably for your height.... I am going to guess that you are shorter than me..... as long as your cals are 1200 or greater you should be ok.....
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3, currently 232 lbs and my calorie goal is 1240. My doctor told me to do between 1000 and 1300 per day.

Oh and I am set to lose 2lbs per week
  • miller6371
    Options
    ok thanks ladies im 236 and am 5ft 7in.
  • clwatlington
    clwatlington Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It also depends on whether in your setting you chose your general lifestyle as sedentary or active etc. My calorie intake is only 1200, but it's like one of the previous people said; exercise more then you can eat a little more. Good luck to you.
  • chrische
    Options
    I weigh 226 and am 5'2" and my calorie goal is 1200. I'm doing P90X so I earn extra food calories everyday. Sometimes I really need to eat the extras and sometimes I don't. You'll get it to work for you with enough practice.
  • cherryie
    Options
    225 when I started, and I wanted to lose 1.5 lb a week, my total was 1440 IIRC. Was ok on that so now wanting to lose 2 lbs per week my total is 1200 but I eat all my excercise cals.

GL

Dxx
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    227 and I am aiming for 1200 calories total.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 258 pounds according to my last weigh in, and my goal is like 1360 or something like that, but i try to eat around 1100 or so, some days i feel like i'm starving, so ill bump it up...but i'm not a hardcore exerciser, i just started working out today. So, i only earn about 200 extra calories from exercise, which I don't really eat.
  • oOLiveYourLifeOo
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and 246.0 lbs and my caloric intake is 1700. I have a lightly active job (I'm a paralegal). I do CrossFit for my work-outs and it's kind of intense, but since most of it is weight lifting - I'm never sure of how many calories I'm burning. I wish I knew though!!
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    How many calories are your calorie goal? Mine is 1290 and Im wondering if thats too low for someone my weight, thanks

To really get an answer to this question I'd recommend monitoring your weight loss. If you're eating 1290 and losing more than 2-3 pounds a week then I'd consider raising it. I've always heard (and read) that 1200 was a bare minimum unless a doctor specifically told you to do less. The calorie recommendation on this website is going to be a pretty decent starting point for most people, but you should adjust as needed based on actual weight loss.
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    CW: 275.2 5'5" Calorie goal is 1450 for 2lb/week loss.
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1850/day (to lose 1 lb/week).

One thing to consider: if you are currently eating 1200 cal/day (or something close to that) where are you going to go to when you lose weight and your body gets used to that number of calories? It isn't safe to go under 1200 cal as a goal,and you can only exercise so much. Just something to think about.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    That sounds about right. I also exercize though just so I could have a few more.
  • lauraelaine42682
    lauraelaine42682 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI, there. I am 235.5lbs and my calorie goal is 1850 to lose 1.5 lbs. per week. I have a moderately active job and have been exercising about 4 days a week (fast walking 45 mins.), so I usually end up averaging about 1500 cals a day. The weight has been melting off. I'm at day 19 and down 8 lbs.

I honestly think I would feel deprived right now if I limited myself to 1200 cals. a week at this weight and feeling deprived is what sets me up for failure with diets.

Hope this is good info!

SW (7/28/10): 243.5
    CW (8/16/10): 235.5
    GW: 160
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I started at 224 lbs and I'm 5'6". With it set for 2lb a week it has my goal at 1,220 calories a day. I'm down 11lbs, it asks you if you want it to auto re-adjust every 10 lbs, I clicked 'yes' and it still has me set at 1220.

Hope that helps!
  • raymj61
    raymj61 Posts: 142
    Options
    I was about that wt when I started. I went on 1200 cals because I was in a hurry to lose but, it was probably too little. I'm 5'11" and the app recomended a lot more than 1200 but I was impatient. I've slowly increased my exercise over the last month and a half and find myself eating between 1300-1400 per day because my body feels like it needs them. I'm still losing though so, it's working out so far. If you're gonna stay under 1400 make your calories count and stay away from empty cals if possible
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I currently weigh 235, I'm 5'7" tall and my calorie allotment for the day is 1220, but that is with a goal of losing 2 lbs a week.
  • luvstolose
    Options
    It depends on your height compared to your weight I am 5"4 and started at 244 pounds my I put to lose 2 pounds a week and it gave me a calorie count of 1240 a day. I am now down to 238 after a week yeah.
  • miller6371
    Options
    Thanks everyone I feel better now knowing that its about right on. AWESOME stats people!!!