• MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    This is usually how I roll.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUqHxOMSofdEYnRWvHys7EccpCwZ_mTs-QCqa4Ggwanigc_lm3
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    WIth a spoon. Or on graham crackers. EIther way it is Yummieeee. Or it is good also on some good whole grain oatmeal nutty toasted bread.
  • aFootballLife25
    aFootballLife25 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Look up PB2. Stuff is amazing. 45 calories per 2 tbsp serving, 40% protein.
    Um no. The healthiest part of peanut butter is the fat. PB2 removes the healthiest part of the peanut to make it low calorie. It's a waste of money.

Real peanut butter taste without all the oil calories. I get plenty of healthy fats from BETTER sources than peanuts. Aka fish oil, flax seeds, ect. Hard to fit much real peanut butter in while cutting. But I crave the TASTE.

But thanks for your opinion. Lol
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Insert spoon in jar, insert spoon in mouth, repeat.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Warm it up in the microwave, and pour it over vanilla or chocolate ice cream, yum. But only IIFYM
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter and Sriracha on crackers.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Um no. The healthiest part of peanut butter is the fat. PB2 removes the healthiest part of the peanut to make it low calorie. It's a waste of money.

Real peanut butter taste without all the oil calories. I get plenty of healthy fats from BETTER sources than peanuts. Aka fish oil, flax seeds, ect. Hard to fit much real peanut butter in while cutting. But I crave the TASTE.

this. Peanuts are like scum of all nuts. Yummy, but really not that nutrient dense and sorta low in protein for the amount you eat.
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    with crackers-pretty much every day.
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Awesome breakfast: Thomas 100 calorie english muffin, 2 tbsp peanut butter, bananas and honey.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

this. Peanuts are like scum of all nuts. Yummy, but really not that nutrient dense and sorta low in protein for the amount you eat.

Peanuts aren't nuts.
  • libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    In a frozen grape smoothie with a banana and yogurt...tastes like pbj!!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

There's just something about powdered peanut butter that seems unnatural and nasty.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options

Peanuts aren't nuts.

legumes, whatever. They really aren't as amazing for you as people tend to believe.
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I am more on an almond butter kick these days but. do all the same things with it.

I will put it on a rice cracker with frozen cool whip (tastes like a flutter nutter), on celery, dip apples in it, anything peanut butter/banana is amazing...on toast, on frozen yogurt..yum yum yum

ALSO...make a satay sauce!! Its amazing over chicken, asian noodles or for dipping. Peanut butter, coconut milk and a thai or curry paste..is AMAZING!
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    On rice cakes with sugar-free jam, on celery, in chocolate protein drinks, with bananas... hmm peanut butter. So good :-)
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

Peanuts aren't nuts.

legumes, whatever. They really aren't as amazing for you as people tend to believe.

You're right;
    Technically legumes but generally referred to as nuts, peanuts are high in folate—a mineral essential for brain development that may protect against cognitive decline. (It also makes peanuts a great choice for vegetarians, who can come up short on folate, and pregnant women, who need folate to protect their unborn babies from birth defects, says Caplan.) Like most other nuts, peanuts are also full of brain-boosting healthy fats and vitamin E, as well. One ounce of peanuts (about 28 unshelled nuts) contains about 170 calories, 7 grams protein, and 14 grams fat.
    Health benefits of Peanuts

Peanuts are rich in energy and contain health benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for optimum health.

They compose sufficient levels of mono-unsaturated fatty acids especially oleic acid. It helps to lower LDL or "bad cholesterol" and increases HDL or "good cholesterol” level in the blood. Research studies suggest that Mediterranean diet, which is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids help to prevent coronary artery disease and strokes by favoring healthy blood lipid profile.

These nuts are a good source of dietary protein compose fine quality amino acids that are essential for growth and development.

Research studies have shown that peanuts contain high concentrations of poly-phenolic antioxidants, primarily p-coumaric acid. This compound has been thought to reduce the risk of stomach cancer by limiting the formation of carcinogenic nitrosamines in the stomach.

Peanuts are an excellent source of resveratrol, another polyphenolic antioxidant. Resveratrol has been found to have protective function against cancers, heart disease, degenerative nerve disease, Alzheimer's disease, and viral/fungal infections.

Furthermore, studies suggest that resveratrol reduce stroke risk by altering molecular mechanisms in the blood vessels (reducing susceptibility to vascular damage through decreased activity of angiotensin, a systemic hormone causing blood vessel constriction that would elevate blood pressure), and by increasing production of the vasodilator hormone, nitric oxide.

Recent research studies suggest that boiling enhances antioxidant concentration in the peanuts. It has been found that boiled peanuts have two and four-fold increase in isoflavone antioxidants biochanin-A and genistein content, respectively. (Journal of agricultural and food chemistry).

The nuts are an excellent source of vitamin E (a-tocopherol); containing about 8 g per100 g. vitamin E is a powerful lipid soluble antioxidant which helps maintain the integrity of cell membrane of mucus membranes and skin by protecting from harmful oxygen free radicals.

The nuts are packed with many important B-complex groups of vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6, and folates. 100 g of peanuts provide about 85% of RDI of niacin, which contribute to brain health and blood flow to brain.

The nuts are rich source of minerals like copper, manganese, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and selenium.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I eat mine...

...with gusto. :)
  • DeeBrownBaker
    Options
    How to eat it: pick up the jar. Get a spoon. Shove it in your mouth. Enjoy the mouth orgasm.

yesssssssssss!
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    huh?? any way u wanna eat it?? what are u drinking today??:)
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My kid likes to have it on a spoon....