sports bras for the more top heavy. suggestions??

Options

Replies

• san0322
    san0322 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Panache!

I'm a 38F and this is the only one I trust. It encapsulates each breast and provides great support. You also have the option of clipping the straps in the back for the racerback look. I like that, because I feel like it keeps me in even more. I went from wearing 3 bras to just down to this one.

Your best bet is to find a place where they sell this and get fitted first, then order off of Amazon - you'll save money that way.

http://www.amazon.com/Panache-Womens-Underwired-Sports-Black/dp/B005VNFDV2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370868474&sr=8-1&keywords=panache+sports+bra
  • gogoboobzilla
    gogoboobzilla Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Last good one I got I went to a local lingerie/bra store and shelled out almost $100.
  • annabalta
    annabalta Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love the Under Armor Front Zip running bras as well, they work great for me. I run every single marathon in them, they are great. Reading through comments and seeing that some members call a $40 running bra pricy I can only give you one advice. Do not save money on your running bra, they can cost up to $ 80 but if they fit and are what you need I would spend that kind of money every day. You can save money on other things.
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I swear by the Fiona sports bra (and they are reasonably priced). I can workout in these and not think about my boobs so that's awesome.

http://www.movingcomfort.com/Fiona/350003,default,pd.html

As with any good sports bra, you will need to pay a little more but it's totally worth it!
  • jmnicholas
    jmnicholas Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Check the offers on bravissimo.com, lots of advice there (32G/34F UK here). I have both Shock Absorber and Panache types, and use them interchangably. However, get a good fit, so get a few to try on if you are ordering online...!

J
  • Lo65
    Lo65 Posts: 33
    Options
    I went for the Cannon online at newyorklingere. I am a DDD and it works pretty well.
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I love the brand Moving Comfort. They have so many different styles and levels of support, you're bound to find one that works. My bustier friends use them happily. Only my friend who's a K (and awaiting reduction surgery....) can't find one to work.
  • TriClaudia
    TriClaudia Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Enell. I wear it for all my workouts, but especially triathlon. Even wet it does the job. They carry it (and a lot of others mentioned here) on Bare Necessities. That makes it easy to order multiple brands to see what works.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I have read studies that say there is no sports bra that can provide the support of doubling up. I put my dd's in a regular bra with a sports bra over top, keeps the jiggle to a minimum.

Obviously those studies didn't include Enell. They don't call it the "serious motion control" bra for nothin'
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I really love the Moving Comfort Fiona bra. When I got it, I tried out some jumping jacks in the store (I'm usually DDD but DD in sports bras) and barely a jiggle. I did get a smaller band size than I usually do.

One of the things that I love best is that it fastens like a regular bra. I really don't like the sports bra back as I find it's really difficult to struggle in and out of if it's wet. Another thing is that it doesn't give me a monstrous uniboob.

Ditto on the Moving Comfort bras. I have a Fiona that I love, and I have some of the older styles as well. They wear like IRON (I am just needing to get rid of one of my 10+ year old ones because the hooks are mangled beyond repair), and totally keep everything contained.

I also have two Road Runner Sports basic ones, and I really like those as well.

I don't mind uniboob though. LOL I am only interested in keeping them contained and stable.
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I use the Moving Comfort Maya bra. It is pretty nice. I have heard the Fiona is better but I was able to get the Maya SUPER CHEAP so I tried that first and I've gone through a few so far.
  • lisiloulah
    lisiloulah Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a 42DD sports bra from a shop on eBay - very reasonable price too (£14.99 if I recall correctly including p&p!) it's worth running a search for sports bra and your size as most people list the sizes available in the item's title.

Lisa x
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Another rec for Moving Comfort!

Love those bras. I'm packing some goods (also in the D family - during my weight loss I went from a 34DD to a 32DD, but wear 34D sports bras), and the Moving Comfort ones really hold them in place. I am NEVER going back.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I like Under Armour, they have several styles but I need mine strapped down I don't want to feel any movement. I'm a 38 D.
  • mnrunion
    mnrunion Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I bought the Glamorise double layer sports bra. I am a 38 F and found that jumping jacks hurt very badly. The only thing that I do not like is the time it takes to get it on since there are 5 hooks in the back. I love that it has 5 hooks in the back though, very good back support. It is essentially a soft no wire bra under and a bib on top that you hook into one of the 4 settings depending on much you want to restrict movement. I didn't feel squished or have a uniboob when wearing it and it gives great support.

http://www.amazon.com/Glamorise-Sport-Double-Custom-Control/dp/B0069VLXO6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1370876721&sr=8-2&keywords=glamorise+double+layer
  • cyrena13
    cyrena13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    36D here; Moving Comfort Maia is my sport bar of choice. Really comfortable and little movement. Worth every penny.
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    I wear a regular bra with a cheap (>$20) sports bra from Target over top of it. Works perfectly for me.
  • losin4ever
    losin4ever Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bare neccessitites carry a great sports bra called energizer......I'm a 40H and love it......it is costly but worth it...can also find on ebay little cheaper..here's some links...

http://www.barenecessities.com/elomi-energise-medium-control-sports-bra-el8040_product.htm?pf_id=ElomiEL8040

great product!!!