Fat all your life? Me too!

Options
2»

Replies

• ecmorales
    ecmorales Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    We're of a similar background, and I've been on a long journey as well. I know it takes a lot to put yourself out there, and I've gained alot from MFP. I am very interested in friending with people who want an active interchange, if this is you please send a friend request. I will give you ongoing encouragement, and look for a dialogue and encourage you to post a picture.
  • withabandon
    withabandon Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am a big woman (6ft tall, size 12 feet, etc) and I've lost and kept off 60+lbs - however, I still weigh in the 250-260 range and right now am focusing on loving myself, regardless of my physical state, and strengthening my body - less about weight loss and more about being the strongests, healthiest version of myself possible without beating myself up about the number on the scale.
  • jreckart2003
    Options
    I hear you! For years I used the excuse that I was built like me dad - his fault, right? Well it isn't! I was a size 18 in high school and can't remember the last time the scale was under 200! I am now in the mindset that I am doing this for me! I have a goal set of 150. Yes, that is still over where the "guide" says I should be at 5'3" but that is my goal. Good luck! We can do this together!
    You can add me :)
  • gangsterfurious
    Options
    Almost my whole life I've always been a few pounds shot of being considered obese. I thought it was just normal or that I would thin out as I grew up. My nickname in 3rd grade was "Sumo". Yay. :|

Anyway, doing much better now but still have my days. If anybody would like to add me they are more than welcome to.
  • rhondadwyer69
    rhondadwyer69 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yep, I was the 'fat' kid - the 'fat' teenager - and now the 'fat' adult! I finally had lap-band surgery one year ago and have lost 52 lbs. I struggle with a few bad habits (sugar/sweets) - but for the most part I'm learning to eat healthy and exercise daily. The band is ONLY a tool and it has helped me to learn what the feeling of full feels like. That is the reason I had the surgery - I never ever ever really knew what 'full' felt like - I always knew what 'stuffed' felt like! I just had my one year check-up and the doc is happy with my progress because losing slow is the way to go! I have friends and family who have had both types of bariatric surgery and have failed to learn how to make the lifestyle change - I'm afraid of that happening to me too - so that is why I joined MFP so I could have support from like-minded people - it also helps to log my food every day, it holds me accountable to the LIFESTYLE CHANGE!!!! So please go ahead and add me as a friend, I would LOVE to support you and get some support from you!
  • cookykitty
    cookykitty Posts: 12
    Options
    I feel this thread so much. I'm 20 from the UK and my highest weight was 297. Going into highschool at age 11 I was probably around 210. I've always been "BIGGER". But now I'm realising that that is not at all pre-determined, and I'm back down to 190 after 2 years. It's strange to be this weight but I'm trying to embrace it and feel good about myself.

What people don't get is the psychological behind this, so I would love to get to know a few of you in the same boat, too
  • admegamo
    admegamo Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Put a pic up so we can see you! :flowerforyou: Anyways I would love to be your friend. I can totally relate to being fat 'all my life' thing. I can't wait to hit the 100s!!! Not too far away! Feel free to add me or I'll add you first. Whoever gets to it first. haha! Stick with it and don't give up. Just have fun pleasing yourself and stay positive!!!

I will, right now I just have net on my phone and work. I live in a pretty remote area and have had very bad experience with the 2 net providers that come to my area.

When I eventually go hang out at my brother's place (he lives in the city), I can post my pic.
  • admegamo
    Options
    I have been struggling with weight most of my life , I gained / lost weight , reached my ideal weight to gain it all over again.

4 months ago, I decided to go on my last diet and despite taking that decision, the only thing I have been doing is loosing 10 pds and getting them back in two weeks time. So I started asking myself why I am doing this and why I allow things to collapse.

Finally the word "Fear" came to my mind is Fear, Fear of failure , Fear of change, Fear of what would happen next and I realized that it is been my drive as well as my prison.

I am starting this journey today, the important thing for me is to embrace a healthy lifestyle, exercise and reach my ideal weight , 155, which I have 60 pds to loose in a period of 6 months.

I would like to have likemided people supporting me on this journey

Feel Free to add me as a friend :tongue:

Totally know the feeling. I am very afraid and I know it's not logical but change can be scary. My brother is my inspiration and together we have been inspiring our mom. But it helps to have other people feeling similar and going the miles with me. ^_^
  • admegamo
    Options
    I hear you! For years I used the excuse that I was built like me dad - his fault, right? Well it isn't! I was a size 18 in high school and can't remember the last time the scale was under 200! I am now in the mindset that I am doing this for me! I have a goal set of 150. Yes, that is still over where the "guide" says I should be at 5'3" but that is my goal. Good luck! We can do this together!
    You can add me :)

My goal longterm goal is 150 as well.
  • Marcia661
    Marcia661 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Same here...........I remember being 6 in daycare and having to be on a diet. Can you imagine?I think that I too just somehow started accepting things as, "the way they are"
    Only when at 42 do I start having mobility issues that I am finally taking this seriously.
    ?
  • Tiznonay
    Tiznonay Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    'nother lifelong chubbster here!
    I feel this thread so much. I'm 20 from the UK and my highest weight was 297. Going into highschool at age 11 I was probably around 210. I've always been "BIGGER". But now I'm realising that that is not at all pre-determined, and I'm back down to 190 after 2 years. It's strange to be this weight but I'm trying to embrace it and feel good about myself.

Yeah, were about on the same page, here. It IS strange! I've always been overweight. Still kinda see myself as the 300 lb guy I was before. Shaking off the fat state-of-mind isnt any easier than losing the weight, itself...
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I have been fat for a good chunk of my life. Until a bit less than a decade ago I was pretty active so most the time it didn't bother me unless it kept me from doing something I wanted to do. I mostly want to get healthier and that does mean I have a lot to lose. This is the most I have ever lost in my entire life at a steady pace. Of course when I started I was the heaviest I had ever been in my entire life.
  • carmentownes
    carmentownes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have been fat since 3rd grade. But i totally get you. When i work out, sometimes I think it's ok to overeat and then i get to a point where i give up because of those type of mistakes. I will add you. Thanks for the story.