Don't really care for PB, are other nut butters better?

Options

Replies

• TonysMiss
    TonysMiss Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    cashew butter is my favorite!!! Very sweet and not dry...but hard to find...

They have it at Trader Joes if you have one around you. I haven't tried it yet, but since you said it is "sweet" I may have to give it a shot. I'm a sucker for ANYTHING sweet!!
  • misssophieleigh
    misssophieleigh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I don't like peanut butter at all. I wish I did, but I just don't. But I love almond butter. The only problem is that it's quite expensive.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Almond butter....
    yum!
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    If you don't like PB because of texture you're not going to like the other nut butters. They all have very similar consistency. Feel free to try them though to be sure:)
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Blasphemy.

Peanut butter is godly.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I made my own hazelnut butter and it's delicious.

2 cups hazelnuts
    1 tbs coconut oil
    splash of sugar free maple syrup
    natvia or any sweetner you prefer
    cocoa powder or cacao powder

Wizz it all in a food processor. Mine took like 20 mins to form a paste. I added some water to get a consistency of PB. So much better than any other nut butter I've tasted!

I am going to try this! So easy and I bet it is fantastic!!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    If it's a texture thing, you might not like any type of nut butters. Granted, most are not as gooey as peanut butter, but they also have a much milder taste. I LOVE the taste of peanut butter, but I'm allergic. So instead I usually have almond butter and sometimes hazelnut butter (it seems to be sweeter). Cashew butter is not my favourite. Just be sure to get pure nut butters (rather than ones with added oils - there's really no need).
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I made my own hazelnut butter and it's delicious.

2 cups hazelnuts
    1 tbs coconut oil
    splash of sugar free maple syrup
    natvia or any sweetner you prefer
    cocoa powder or cacao powder

Wizz it all in a food processor. Mine took like 20 mins to form a paste. I added some water to get a consistency of PB. So much better than any other nut butter I've tasted!

I am going to try this! So easy and I bet it is fantastic!!

How does one get sugar free maple syrup? Do you mean the fake stuff??
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    There's all kinds of nut butters. People usually try lots of them until they settle for one they like.
    :flowerforyou:

::too many dirty things to say, can't pick one::
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    We don't really 'do' a lot of nut butters in England, they're something of a gourmet item and not stocked in every supermarket.
    When we went to Germany & Austria, we brought PB because we were afraid we couldn't buy it there (we were wrong). Good to know we'll need to pack some if we ever go to the UK.
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I love alllllllll the nuts and nut butters. It's just a matter of trying them all to find what you like.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I think all nuts have an end result that is sticky and mouth drying. Just swish some milk or water around and you're set.
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    While I LOVE peanut butter I'm also a fan of Justin's almond butters. The chocolate one is delicious on a banana.

http://www.justins.com/

I tried Justin's once. I didn't care for it. Too sweet. Again, just personal preference.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    I think all nuts have an end result that is sticky and mouth drying. Just swish some milk or water around and you're set.

*giggle*
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

*giggle*

hmmm I could go in about five million different directions with this one....but I will pass...for now...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Blasphemy.

Peanut butter is godly.

AMEN!
  • Tishrei
    Tishrei Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    try them all. whole foods pretty much has every different kind you can think of except for Filbert and Pistachio. WHY NO PISTACHIO ??????? mad!!!

I've made my own pistachio butter. yummmmm.
    I love all nut butters, sunflower seed butter is good too.
    no one else in my family likes any of them though, so its too dangerous to have too many in the fridge.

but if you dont like it, don't eat it.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    While I LOVE peanut butter I'm also a fan of Justin's almond butters. The chocolate one is delicious on a banana.

http://www.justins.com/

I tried Justin's once. I didn't care for it. Too sweet. Again, just personal preference.
    You slut.
  • Renee428
    Renee428 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am currently having a problem with Almond Butter now. I fell in love with it to the point I am just eating it out of the jar sometimes. I put it on apples and celery like I would PB but I am finding that the AB gives it such a better tase. I'm going to have to try a couple other nut butters too
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I love love love almond butter.