A Game of Thrones

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Reading the first one now. It's okay, but I don't get the hullabaloo.

You will, keep reading.
    I had a lot of trouble getting into it before I watched the show because he's very slow getting to the point. Now that I've watcched, the book is easier and really good.
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Underwhelming finale. Needed more Bronn.

Agreed on both counts!!

Double agree. Bronn's the best. And seriously underwhelming finale. I was waiting for the big cliffhanger ending and got crowdsurfing instead.

Book one is just the opening game. He's setting the stage, hang in there, it'll get crazy soon enough.
  • Gijo2707
    Gijo2707 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Dracarys!
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    The books became increasingly annoying as they tried to do too much. I'm pretty sure I enjoyed each book less than the one prior to it (I have the latest book, but still haven't bothered reading it for that reason). The show's been fantastic, probably because it has to cut a lot of the fat.
  • seefyboy
    seefyboy Posts: 68
    Options
    Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor Hodor. Hodor, Hodor Hodor Hodor. Hodor.

Hodor.

Somebody better teach Hodor the Thunder Buddy song quick before he nearly gets everyone killed again...
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I loved the books! As for the tv show, season 1 = awesome, season 2 = ok, and season 3 = lost my interest!.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    My fave quote of the season:

“You just sent the most powerful man in Westeros to bed without his supper,” Tyrion Lannister
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    "When you see a pretty girl... will you get an itch down there?"
  • liloldDee
    liloldDee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I read the first one and am part way through the second, not sure if I can continue, so many new characters and still not over the death of the major character in the first one. Also by accident I hit book 4 on my kindle where there was a summary of the families and I didn't like what I read happened to the family I like most. Is it really worth continuing?
    Sorry for speaking in code but I don't want to spoil things for new fans.
  • wswilliams67
    Options
    Sheep Shift

"Shift is the vulgar word for dung." ~ Sansa Stark (Lannister)
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I read the first one and am part way through the second, not sure if I can continue, so many new characters and still not over the death of the major character in the first one. Also by accident I hit book 4 on my kindle where there was a summary of the families and I didn't like what I read happened to the family I like most. Is it really worth continuing?

Yes book 3 is the best. Especially the second half, which will be season 4 of the show. Book 4 is complete crap and book 5 is slightly better.
  • highmaintnance
    highmaintnance Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You know nothing, Jon Snow.

I say that all the time. One of my favorite quotes. My second one is "because the night is dark and full of terrors".
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    You know nothing, Jon Snow.

I know that LaurenEileen7 is as hot as Ygritte! :)
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    LOVE the show and books. My favorite character to read is Thyrion. I love is smart *kitten* replies and is cunning ways.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    The wedding: ermagerd!

The finale...meh. I was disappointed.
  • liloldDee
    liloldDee Posts: 92 Member
    Options

Yes book 3 is the best. Especially the second half, which will be season 4 of the show. Book 4 is complete crap and book 5 is slightly better.

Ok thanks for that, I enjoyed book 1 so will persevere through 2 if the third one is good.
  • wswilliams67
    Options
    Arya Stark is the one to watch out for... she's pissed.
  • theMIDDLE
    theMIDDLE Posts: 64
    Options
    Underwhelming finale. Needed more Bronn.

That's the way the show works. Penultimate ep is the climax and the finale is aftermath/set up for next season. for example: season 1 - baelor. season 2 - blackwater. season 3 - red wedding.
  • theMIDDLE
    theMIDDLE Posts: 64
    Options
    LOVE the show and books. My favorite character to read is Thyrion. I love is smart *kitten* replies and is cunning ways.

season 4 will be a Tyrion heavy season. Strap in.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Arya Stark is the one to watch out for... she's pissed.

She is one of my favorite characters (in the book & the show). Blood thirsty lil *kitten*! LOL