No Change??

I know I'm not a skinny girl.. I was at 215 and now at 190. But I see pics of people around my height that lost weight and you can totally see a difference. I can't see it a difference in how I look... and nobody has noticed. What am I doing wrong??

Replies

• kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    It depends on where you've lost the weight as we all carry differently. Have you been doing any strength or lifting? Or is it purely cardio?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Are you taking progress pictures? (I personally can't tell just by looking in the mirror)
    Are you taking measurements?

It could be just the difference with where your body holds weight compared to someone else. Other than the thread I posted in the Success Stories section, I haven't had anyone say anything to me about my weight loss.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Did you take measurements beforehand?
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    It's all mental - seriously. You see it in them because you don't see them 24/7 like you see yourself. Since you see every little subtle change as it happens, you don't notice the overall change. Ever notice how it takes longer for the people you see everyday to notice your weight loss as opposed to the people you see once a month? Same concept.
  • lisas1019
    lisas1019 Posts: 30
    Honestly between my full time job and volunteering 50+ hours a week, I don't have much time to excersize (yes, I know that's spelled wrong lol)...

I did take measurements, but it was only a few days ago. I wish I took them when I started :-(

But it seems like my clothes all fit the same.. IDK but it's very discouraging.
  • ecmorales
    ecmorales Posts: 33 Member
    I had the same experience....have you changed your clothes? sometimes if you haven't downsized your clothese, the extra fabric masks the loss. or there's no outward sign of change, or reason to pay attention. someone once told me that the people closest to us 'blur the edges' and don't really notice our size, so when we lose weight it can take a while before they notice the change - a monumental change may be required. (25 lbs is monumental -- congrats!)