NSV - A Business Suit!

Options
crazysmom
crazysmom Posts: 8 Member
I have dressed pretty much like a slob for many decades. Whenever I try to dress up, I felt like I was wearing a smock or a tent. My usual apparel was jeans and a t-shirt.

8396864152_5c086ef87e.jpg

So since I am unemployed, I have been starting to do phone interviews, and hope to have some face to face interviews soon. I did a practice interview at our local work center, and one of the things she told me was I needed to dress better (ugh, I thought I had dressed up :() So I went to Goodwill on Friday to look for some suits. I found one blazer that I really liked, but it was an 18 and I thought it would be too small. I took a few items and tried on a pair of black slacks and the blazer. I turned around and looked in the mirror and said "Whoa! Who is that?" :)

8999105738_b94d0ec4df.jpg

Replies

• crystal_oo
    crystal_oo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Look at you! You look great :) Very professional! Congratulations on your progress, keep up the good work!
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    wow thats great!! keep it up!
  • caroduzzi
    caroduzzi Posts: 51
    Options
    Lookin' sharp and professional!
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Great work! Be proud!
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Nice choice and looking great! Good luck with your interviews. You look the part. :-)
  • rdcphone572
    rdcphone572 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    That suit and the fitter you say HIRED! You look great. Keep going and it will work out!
  • junco1971
    junco1971 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You look very nice.that outfit should get you a job
  • crazysmom
    Options
    Thank you everybody!

Two more thoughts:

1. I could wear one of my Dri-Core running shirts underneath and hopefully feel more comfortable and if I feel nervous, then just remember I can run a 5K now, so I can do anything!

2. What type of shoes can I get away with? I hate heels, but realize my black NB Minimus with the neon yellow "N" on them would not be appropriate :) Would some sort of loafer be appropriate?
  • runnerinside13
    runnerinside13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    OMGosh that's awesome:) Good Luck!
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!
  • delfonzo2000
    delfonzo2000 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love how you look so surprised in the picture! You look great! I think a loafer would be fine. You want to be as comfortable as possible in an interview while also presenting yourself as professional. I wish you the best of luck!
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    fantastic!!!
  • glenette1
    glenette1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Great choice! You look very professional and with the the whole outfit (shoes included) in place, you will do great in your interview and be much more confident!
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Nothing feels better than fitting in the size you didn't think would fit. Cute surprised look in the photo, too. :)
    Dark loafers would be fine, make sure they're spiffed up and polished, and of course wear dark socks or stockings (or nude-colored).
    Go get 'em! Good luck.
  • crazysmom
    Options
    Oh, and also the pants were $3.00 and the top was $8.00 (still has the tags on it). Score!!!

I am finding buying clothes at Goodwill is great when you are "in transition". I don't mind spending $5.00 on jeans knowing (hoping) that they will be too big in a few months.

Ironic that I hate spending money on clothes, but will drop $100 on a new pair of running shoes without blinking :)
  • dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    You look amzing! Yay, you! :)
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    chuffed for you, well done and you look great in the suit :)
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    You look amazing! And the look in your picture is priceless. That is you! Great job!
  • mwilke
    mwilke Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody!

Two more thoughts:

1. I could wear one of my Dri-Core running shirts underneath and hopefully feel more comfortable and if I feel nervous, then just remember I can run a 5K now, so I can do anything!

2. What type of shoes can I get away with? I hate heels, but realize my black NB Minimus with the neon yellow "N" on them would not be appropriate :) Would some sort of loafer be appropriate?

First off, great job! You look amazing! As far as the shoes... what about a dress boot, or maybe an open toed type of thing? Something that you could wear with jeans even... I understand the hating to dress up thing and feeling uncomfortable- love the idea of a dry fit under the suit! I have to remember that!
  • crazysmom
    Options
    Stopped at another Goodwill today. Didn't find any other suits I like, but did find a pair of nice black loafers for $8.
    Even so, if I end up having to take the metro, I will still probably wear my running shoes, and take the loafers with me.

I would like to get another outfit together in case of a follow up interview (the job I am going for his work from home, so I won't need a lot of new apparel).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!