103.5 lbs down!!!

Options
meggyshae
meggyshae Posts: 357 Member
Once upon a time, somewhere in the heartland there lived a young woman who began a journey that would be ever evolving. She walked and redirected her eating patterns to lose her first 25 pounds. She liked how she was feeling so she decided to try another 25 pounds by learning more about healthy choices and becoming more physically active.
When she reached 50 pounds she was so excited and delighted with how her body was changing, no more triple chins and oh how those hidden curves were beginning to reappear. Jumping with joy she knew she was going to continue on and see how far she could go! Grunting, groaning and even moaning she worked until she became a beast to her workout. Each workout, lifted clouds of doubt and she began to understand how she has no excuse not to be the best she can, she began taking responsibility for her journey, holding herself accountable for every calorie, workout and more.
Reaching 70 pounds was a bit harder and required her to dig deeper, stay focused, but she reached it and oh my, how she had whittled her waistline, and saw such definitions in her arms, Oh and let’s not forget how much smaller her tummy was! Standing in the middle of the road with a happy heart and a skip in her step she continued on the path to her ever evolving journey. There were plateaus’, hormones and frustrations oh my! What was she to do? She just wanted to get rid of the goo!!
Then one day she realized she had to go where she had never gone before so that she could move forward. Armed with nothing but determination, support and workouts that would set any gym on fire, she set out to conquer the remaining 27.5 pounds of giggly goo.
One sunny morning she stepped on her scale and looked down. Quietly she stepped off and then repeated, after a few minutes she realized that she is now down 103.5 pounds!! She ran barefoot outside to the glider where she sat in wonder of what she had done. She is stronger, leaner and hasn’t stopped smiling since. She has learned many lessons along the way, but wait, she isn’t finished….

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    So awesome! :heart:
  • Brandyle1975
    Options
    Awesome!!! Congrats on your success!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, wonderful story. This really made my day. Congratulations to you and best wishes for a great future. :)
  • michellechawner
    Options
    You go girl!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    So awesome :happy:
  • Seabring17
    Seabring17 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing and congratulations on all your hard work paying off.
  • 4my2jays
    4my2jays Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    So loved your story. Put a BIG smile on my face to read this. I dont know you but am so very proud of you for conquering your dream and continuing to better yourself. God has som BIG things in store for you. You are MORE than a CONQUER.
  • beautifulctb
    beautifulctb Posts: 100
    Options
    Congrats!!! You're such an inspiration!!!
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    thats a truly epic achievement
    i hope that smile lasts for the rest of your days, you deserve it too, well done you :)
  • misslmarie28
    misslmarie28 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    amazing story!!!! so inspiring!
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    thanks for your story such motivation just starting in on there journey! Thank YOU Thank You :drinker: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • denisetatum
    Options
    Great way to put it made me smile.
  • exzcape
    exzcape Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! Thanks for sharing and so so happy for you!
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! Thanks for being such an inspiration!!! :flowerforyou:
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Great story! Congratulations!!!!! :happy:
  • rhondaec
    rhondaec Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Love it and congrats!! Thanks for sharing!
  • mzkia12
    mzkia12 Posts: 21
    Options
    Great story! And Congratulations on your huge success!!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I love the way you told your story! Worthy of printing out, framing and hanging in a place that will make you smile every time you see it! Congratulations on a well deserved new you!
  • sljenkins
    sljenkins Posts: 76
    Options
    Wow!!! Amazing story!!
  • faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Wow, wow ... and wow. You did this girl! You should be so proud.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!