What do u consider CHEATING.

Options
2»

Replies

• reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in cheating - this is a lifestyle change and some days I'm going to give in and have a treat.

Correction I think? "I don't believe in cheating - this a lifestyle change and some days I'm going to have a treat!!!!"

Giving in gives the concept of cheating and I agree with you whole souled, treats are okay!!!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Being unfaithful to your spouse. slow.gif

Lol great response! :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Being unfaithful to your spouse. slow.gif

yup:tongue:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I always ask myself who I am cheating if I eat that bowl of icecream or slice of pizza (both of which I have included in a daily plan to stay under my caloric intake)

If I have been excellent, losing weight steadily from diet and exercise, I am only hurting myself by eating a ding dong......after awhile it just was not worth it to me.

Strawberries, peaches, bananas...........all sweet and yummy AND good for you!!
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    I dont consider anything cheating unless i'm overeating and really am not hungry at the time....I feel you get further in life when you dont deprive yourself of things you like.....

WE ARE HUMAN....

snacks didnt get us over weight...over eating got us over weight......anyhow, i eat taffy's, and all that. but i dont go over board....i eat 1 and then stop at that 1.
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Today for snack I brought a Zinger by Hostess... Now I don't consider that cheating more rationalizing.. I'm not eating the box of Zingers ... Which I probably can. I'm more eating something I enjoy without going overboard.

No judging what do u consider cheating??

I don't beleive in cheat foods, cheat days whatever. I think you eat what you want, but you need to know that there are repercussions, such as delayed weight loss, having the need to excerssice more, guilt..as long as you're ok with that, then definitely enjoy your treat. The only thing that stuck out in your post was that you felt you need to rationalize the decision...is that because you thought you shouldn't eat it? or because you were afraid that you couldn't stop at one? I'm really curious, not at all trying to insult, I just like to try to see where people are coming from. And then the fact that you wouls eat the whole box but actually only ate one is huge, that's a big milestone, you've learned discipline and restraint, I think that's a bigger thing then eating the zinger. :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Today for snack I brought a Zinger by Hostess... Now I don't consider that cheating more rationalizing.. I'm not eating the box of Zingers ... Which I probably can. I'm more eating something I enjoy without going overboard.

No judging what do u consider cheating??

I consider it to be cheating if I were to eat something that pushed me over my calories for the day and DIDN'T log it, just so that it looked like I had stayed below my amount.
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    To me cheating would be eating something and NOT putting it in your food log. As long as you log it, whether you are within your calorie range or not, it's not cheating because at least you were honest with yourself about it.

To me, cheating is also "knowingly or purposely" overestimating excercise calories or underestimating food calories to stay within your daily goals, but we are only cheating ourselves and it will be our loss, or more than likely our gain, if we can't be honest with ourselves.
  • malboroman
    Options
    if you don't log it, then it is cheating.

I like this! So true.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I forgot about Zingers!! lol And I agree...cheating would be hiding what you ate, or denying you ate it. I don't like the word cheating, but in a sense it is, 'cause you're being dishonest. If say I plan a meal and it's great, then we decide to eat something else and I go over, I won't log it...then I feel guilty and put it in. Like today. I ate 7 crazy bread sticks on Saturday and just left my original planned dinner. I caved and put it in today and now I feel better because I finally came clean.

Also... I don't like the concept of "cheating" because I'm doing this solely for me. It's not a diet for me, it's a lifestyle and I will always have emotions and little things like time constraint and convenience will play a factor in what I eat over the weekend... this time it was the fact that bf wanted to eat NOW and not in an hour like I planned and it had to be the cheapest thing: free pizza from his uncle.
  • flannan
    flannan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i am not only trying to lose some weight, i am trying to get a handle on my sugar addiction and eat healthier in general.

I consider it cheating when I am eating 'straight sugar', even if I am under my calories.

Example: today .....LOL

I am under my cals but still managed to include some Hershey's Special Dark candy bar. That's not going to help me. I know it's just perpetuating my addiction but this is so freakin hard!!
    I log it all even the worst of it : - o
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    i am not only trying to lose some weight, i am trying to get a handle on my sugar addiction and eat healthier in general.

I consider it cheating when I am eating 'straight sugar', even if I am under my calories.

Example: today .....LOL

I am under my cals but still managed to include some Hershey's Special Dark candy bar. That's not going to help me. I know it's just perpetuating my addiction but this is so freakin hard!!
    I log it all even the worst of it : - o

From this thread I went to my evening food log. I was amazed that the most logged snacks at my 8 pm time was all sugar...............this is going to change today.

Thanks for the thread. The only one I am cheating is ME!! :flowerforyou:
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I've learned there's some things I have to allow myself of I'll go crazy. I make sure I still allow my one cup of coffee a day at work mid-morning.

And there's somethings I have to stay far, far away from. If I have once piece... one single bite of chocolate I'll go into a total craving mode and won't be able to stop.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    you have to indulge once in a while its a lifestyle change not a diet. If you restrict yourself from foods you like you are more likely to fail. In saying this I try to stay within my calorie allowance-or work out longer to gain more calories so I can "indulge". If I go over my calories then I just start over the next day!