Replies

• EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Read a book!
  • Gwen7121
    Gwen7121 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I used Cinnamon Altoids. You still get the 'burn' of a cigarette, so it helps. In fact, I still use them when I am particularly stressed. I've been smoke free since Jan 29, 2008.
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Thats great! Ive found Im smoking more now that I am on day shift vs night shift... Im awake more often. But yeah definately see if you can get in a walk.
  • TheRealNancyBee
    Options
    Take a walk outside at as quick a pace as you're comfortable with. Chew gum if you like it. Listening to your mp3 player will keep you distracted. The more active you are, the quicker the cravings will pass and when you get back to work, congratulate yourself on the good choice you made and enjoy the moment. Good luck! :)
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Hang in there!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Cross word puzzle, video game (Solitaire, Hearts...), listen to music, envision a goal, walk, do Calisthenics...or a combination of as many as possible.
  • Nico_the_enabler
    Nico_the_enabler Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I gave up 6 weeks ago. Cold turkey. Its hard so congrats on your resolve. As a side note, some things I did. A craving for a smoke usually only lasts a couple of minutes. If you can just not have one for that minute or two. It gets easier. Also. Brushing my teeth when I felt like a smoke helpped. Didnt want to lose the clean feeling. :P. After about 3 weeks the cravings were all gone and all I was left with was missing the habit. I fixed that by recalling how unmotivated I was to move my body after a smoke. If I smoke. I sure as hell wont exercise. And if I dont exercise I remain fat.
    Hope some of that helps. Feel free to add me if you want a stop smoking buddy. or just for the hell of it. :P
  • Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I ate lots and lots of apples. Takes the same amount of time to eat as a cigarette break and gives your hand and mouth something to do for a while. 12 years smoke free and couldn't be happier.

Good luck!
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I don't smoke but I'm a person that always is munching on food 24/7 . Just need something in my mouth, keeping my hands busy.
    I always chew gum now. I buy a 14 pack thing of trident gum at Costco for 8.50-$9. Gum keeps me busy
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    stop talking and start walking