How many inches!!! You better measure again....

Options
So I began having my husband measuring me because I wasn't seeing the scale move very much, but I could tell a little difference in the way my clothes were fitting. Although he has been measuring me since the end of June, I haven't been looking at the actual numbers. I have this fear that they weren't going to show much either, so my husbad wrote them down and closed the notebook....and I never even peeked. So last night, my husband says "Don't you want to see the progress?" After some back and forth with my husbad, I reviewed the progress. I have lost 12 inches since the end of June!!! This is from only 3 areas that I had him measuring! I couldn't believe it! Like I said, I could tell a difference, but 12 inches! I couldn't be more happier. Now I know that the scale doesn't have to move much, as long as my measurements keep getting smaller, so will I! It's not a huge sucess story, but something I wanted to share just in case some out there are thinking about giving up just because of the scale. Thanks for reading and good luck in your journey!!

Replies

• Vanessa1977
    Options
    Just goes to show you can't always go by what the scale says, great job.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! That's so awesome!! Keep rockin' the measuring tape and scale will soon follow :) Great job!!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I am walking proof that the scale LIES :tongue: I fit into clothes I was wearing when I was 10-15lbs less than I am now and I look better in them now than I did then!:happy: I work out 5-6 days p/week and try to stick within my cals & other numbers, but the fact is, I am toning and getting a shape to my body now better than I ever did when I was just "thin". "Thin" is over-rated, being in Shape and Tones is SO much better! Way to go with the will-power to avoid the "numbers game" and stick with what you felt. That's the way I work it now; I'm old enough to know better, and who care what the scale says! If you feel like you're doing good and it feels right, that is way better than what any "number' can tell you :flowerforyou:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    nice!! definitely an eye opener for those that are at a plateau or whatever.....you might not actually be!!

Thanks for sharing and CONGRATULATIONS!
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    That is so great! Keep up the good work and sounds like you have a wonderful hubby :happy:
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    That is really great! I actually haven't measured at all since I started my diet. I don't know how much inches I lost, just that I went from size 28 to size 22 .. and that's what I count.
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You are rocking it!!!!
  • kspeach
    kspeach Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I wish I had measured when I had started!!

Good job!! :) Keep it up!
  • jennpv
    jennpv Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! I need to get in there and do my monthly measurements.
  • nikkirhea1
    Options
    So right! I have not taken my measurements yet but I think Iw ill get my mother to that very thing today.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's great! Keep measuring!
  • futureredheadhottie
    Options
    great job you are doing awesome.
  • lizmumma98
    lizmumma98 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!!!!! I am glad that I measured also! I know this may sound funny to some, but, I lost 1 inch off my neck!!! I was estatic when my husband told me (I have also lost 2.5 inches around my stomach - baby steps).

How awesome of your husband to keep that secret from you until he felt it would really benifit you to see and hear it! LOVE IT!!!!
  • lizmumma98
    lizmumma98 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!!!!! I am glad that I measured also! I know this may sound funny to some, but, I lost 1 inch off my neck!!! I was estatic when my husband told me (I have also lost 2.5 inches around my stomach - baby steps).

How awesome of your husband to keep that secret from you until he felt it would really benifit you to see and hear it! LOVE IT!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!