What should I do?

Options
Ok I will try to keep this short I am a bit confused as to which workouts I should be doing. I have been jogging for 20-30 minutes everyday and today I read that I wont be losing weight by just doing that so I feel like I should switch it up. I would LOVE to lift but I can't. I don't have access and my hubby has been laid off from work so getting a gym membership or my own equipment isn't possible right now, nor can I spend $65 + on anything from beachbody, so I am looking for suggestions for effective home workouts. Any suggestions??

Replies

• faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Just do your own body weight if you can afford a gym and want to mix it up. You will absolutely lose weight from jogging and for someone to say you wont is crazy. What they should be saying is a more efficient way to lose weight is with a mix or cardio and weight training. That is more accurate. And yes you will see great results from doing so as compared to just cardio only. But just do body weight exercises now...you can do pushups and squats and lunges all with things around the house and dont need fancy gym equipment. So just focus on what you can do and as long as you continue to exercise and eat healthy you will do great! Good luck
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Ok I will look into some good youtube videos and start doing those with the jogging. Thank you for your help! I appreciate it very much!
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Pushups, Squats, Crunches, etc. Do a 30 Day Challenge of these.
    When you are overweigh doing real pushups is lifting heavy.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Yep, you can still do a whole lot with body weight exercises. The "You are your own gym" app might be helpful. Circuit style training is great. Also consider with your run, mixing it up and instead of maintaining a constant pace do some intervals and sprint work.