Feet feel like they are furning after walking

Options
Does anyone else experience this? It only happens when I've been walking, which is usually done on the asphalt bike path behind my house. I'm guessing that my feet are sliding a little inside my sneakers and it's causing enough friction to eventually feel like burning. My feet continue to sting long after I'm done walking and take off my shoes. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    So I'm the only one with burning feet? (and sorry about the typo in the original subject line...that should have been "burning" not "furning." :-)
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    It could be a couple things, but make sure you are wearing proper footwear for YOU for exercise. If it only hurts after walking this path, try walking on a different surface and see if there's a difference.
  • kristyb1982
    kristyb1982 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That sometimes happened to me. I just bought some Wright Socks. They are double layer socks so the two layers rub against each other, not your foot. They are very thin and breathable - made for running and sports. I've only used them a couple of times, but they really seemed to help. They were about $7/pair. I just googled them and searched for the best price.
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I will assume that you wear socks. If this is your first time walking that far in a while, your feet muscles will be sore, and it can feel like your feet are on fire. It will go away in a couple of weeks, tops. If not, you might want to have them checked by a doctor.
  • Schlackity
    Options
    Thanks! I'll check them out!
  • Schlackity
    Options
    Thanks....I have had the hot feeling on the bottoms of my feet before. I think it may be a friction issue between the socks and the inside of the bottom of the shoe, but I'm not sure what other people have done to stop that friction from happening. I have some aching on the top of my feet though, which I'm thinking is a combination of using muscles that I haven't used in a while combined with amount of weight I'm putting on my feet, and if that doesn't clear up in a few weeks, a trip to the podiatrist is definitely on the to-do list. Thanks again!
  • Schlackity
    Options
    I've done the bike path behind the house, the sidewalks around my street, and a really nice track at our high school and all have produced the same problem, so I think friction is my issue.....now to find a solution! Thanks! :-)