I am the personality type INFJ, do you know yours?

Options

Replies

• mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    INTJ
    Introvert(33%) iNtuitive(12%) Thinking(12%) Judging(44%)

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
    You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
    You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
    You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

From CrackedMojo's link earlier (creepily accurate, btw):

Profile: INTJ
    Revision: 3.1
    Date of Revision: 17 Oct 2009

To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know.

INTJs are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest. What prevents them from becoming chronically bogged down in this pursuit of perfection is the pragmatism so characteristic of the type: INTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    I'm an ENFJ. And it was only the J that was even close to borderliine. All the others were almost maxed out.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    INTJ
    Introvert(78%) iNtuitive(38%) Thinking(38%) Judging(33%)

Seems about right, I'm introverted for sure and moderate otherwise.
  • teminowi
    teminowi Posts: 17
    Options
    I do, but it's irrelevant. What matters is that I'm still seeking my soul-mate, which according to Myers Briggs is an ENFP. I find the girls everywhere (and get along with them famously), but finding the men has proven to be quite a challenge. Hopefully someday one will cross my path... I'm still holding out!
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    ENTJ - Field Marshall
    Straight Alpha Wolf! Owooooo!

If your not afraid to pet me. I can make you laugh the whole time your here.....

I am not going to pet you, but we are in the same clan.

I have always said, I am like a bulldog - very straightforward, but roll me over and I enjoy my belly scratched just like any other.

P.S. I have taken this test 4 times - 2x INTJ, 2x ENTJ
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I am ENFJ..I am an extreme extrovert
  • OrionG
    OrionG Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just took the test, again, and this time it shows INFJ. But, I've had 3 or 4 other different types before, over the last 5 years or so. Many of the questions are situational/contextual, so can change.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I'm INTJ.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    That's so funny--INTJs combined male and female are 0.8% of the population and yet there are so many of us here. Is it because we're both conscientious and unlikely to seek support in person?

Are there many of us here, really? MFP likely has at least half a million users at this point, and I'm low-balling in my estimate. Even if you only consider the minority of MFP users who use the boards, probably in the ten thousands...the 10-20 people who've stated on this thread that they're INTJ would not be even close to .8%.
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    INFJ

Iam autistic so INFJ comes as no surprise
  • LoveDreamSmile
    Options
    I'm an ESFP. =-)
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    INTJ.

I took that test in college, and then again a couple of years ago. Got the same results both times. :P
  • euonymust
    Options
    INFP/INFJ depending on my mental health when I take the test.

Same!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm INFJ also.

But, for a lot of the categories I was only right at the edge between the two options.
  • Lisselinde
    Lisselinde Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Proud INFP :)
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    ISTP
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    INTJ, though I mistakenly thought I was an INFJ for a while.
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    ENTP.

The "E" is borderline and I've scored "I" before. The NTP were all heavily weighted in their favor.

I'm of the mind you can't put 6+ billion people into 16 neat boxes.

I don't think the boxes are really that neat.

You walk over to a personality forum and you will see the boxes are very messy.

Especially the ENTP one. :P
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    The results are different almost every time I take it. I am on the border between the two options of each category down to a 1% difference. If the mood I am in that day is off by 1% and I answer one question differently, it shifts me into another category. I don't place much important on this test.

I also want to add that I worked in HR (for an investment banking firm), and this test was administered to me repeatedly in a professional manner (by the people that believed in it).

Oh funny. This is an old thread and I already answered and just answered it again. This was my old answer.
  • EKJM3
    EKJM3 Posts: 11
    Options
    INTP. Although I feel it's not that clear cut, some characteristics are so on point it's good enough!