Women, I've got an old question...

Options
_noob_
_noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
So do we as men really get more attractive as we age, or is it the illusion of added security and knowledge that makes older men more attractive?

Replies

• calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I think it's the decreased sex drive that seems to accompany increased age in men. Who wants a sure thing? I want to work for it!
  • Sarah_Roop
    Sarah_Roop Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the man, some men become more attractive as they age, but some definitely do not. It is as much about taking pride in yourself and your appearance as anything else. Added security and knowledge will only get you so far. If you don't care enough about yourself to take care of yourself, then you will never get as much respect as someone who does, no matter what else you have going for you.
  • shortie_sarah
    shortie_sarah Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I think it's both. Men (usually) mature as they get older and most women like that. But also, the looks become more "manly" looking rather than a young guy...
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    There is a definite sense of security but there is also a change that age brings to the features, it removes the feeling of boyhood silliness. A man as he ages no longer looks like someone we need to take are of but someone who can handle sharing the responsibilities of life with us.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I think it has something to do with those old wrinkly balls that Adam Sandler once seemed so disgusted by
  • ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of guys look more attractive as they get older. Based on physicality alone.

ETA: Everyone is different though, just like some women end up looking better in their 30's and beyond than they did in their 20's.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I do believe men start looking their best after 35.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I find older men more attractive as I age.

The other day I saw a kid and dear lord he was actually in his 20s, but that's how I saw him...as a kid. To me men in their 30s and 40s are the ones I now find attractive. It doesn't have so much to do with security as maturity and shared experiences in common. I just can't relate to someone who was born in 1990.
  • TeeA86
    TeeA86 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I think it has something to do with those old wrinkly balls that Adam Sandler once seemed so disgusted by

KMSL!!!!! I fainted and then almost died!!!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Some do, some don't. It's a genetic lottery.

Examples:

Sean Connery

Harrison Ford

You go ahead and guess which categories I put these two fellows in respectively.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    My wife always says she is going to have the hottest 50 year old on the planet. I tease her that she has daddy issues. :laugh:
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    i think it depends on the dude....

some never age....look at Mark Hamill or Davy Jones...they still looked too young even when they were older...

justin bieber's babyface is gonna haunt him before he grow into it...

others...well they were made for age....clooney? he got BETTER....(in my eyes that is...i realise this is subjective)

depends on the person, the way they look and of course the hormones gazing at these men....

too many variables really
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    06-sam-elliott-mustache_zps0209b168.jpg
  • tammys_changing
    Options
    Some age fine as wine kept in the cellar, and others not so much ; (
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Men look better after early to mid thirties. They fill out and become more masculine.

There's a guy in my office complex that used to look like such a boy...I've been there six years, and he's clearly moved past that mark because now he's broad shouldered, stronger in the jaw and just generally more pleasing to look at
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    I think it's the decreased sex drive that seems to accompany increased age in men. Who wants a sure thing? I want to work for it!

What decreased sex drive? I'm 47. It hasn't decreased at all.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    If your name is Sean Connery and you are asking, "Have I grown more attractive with age?" then answer is YES, YES, YES!!!
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options

What decreased sex drive? I'm 47. It hasn't decreased at all.

^^ Dude doesn't lie. :love:
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    The reduction in leg humping, showing off and lads' night out behaviour.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I find older men more attractive as I age.

The other day I saw a kid and dear lord he was actually in his 20s, but that's how I saw him...as a kid. To me men in their 30s and 40s are the ones I now find attractive. It doesn't have so much to do with security as maturity and shared experiences in common. I just can't relate to someone who was born in 1990.
    Yep. Same goes for me. When I was younger I wouldn't date a man more than a couple years older. I've recently dated a man 13 years my senior.

Then there's men like LL Cool J who just don't seem to age :love: