I love Laughing Cow Cheese! Need new ways to eat it..

Options
2»

Replies

• kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Hungry-girl.com has a bunch of recipes for it. She scrambles it in eggs and has a chicken recipe too. I like the stuff on crackers, but not really mixed in my food :sick:
  • orangegalt
    Options
    mixed into my drained, canned tuna. or on a cocopop (google those, they're pretty amazing).
  • Lorimichewicz
    Lorimichewicz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Try it in Mashed Califlower along with greek yogurt.
  • cardboardboxes
    cardboardboxes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know a few people have mentioned Hungry Girl already... but... I get her emails and I recently bought one of the books:

http://www.amazon.com/Hungry-Girl-1-2-3-Delicious-Guilt-Free/dp/0312556187/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1282016973&sr=8-1

It really has some great ideas for Laughing Cow cheese as well as quite a few other things. My favorite (super-simple) thing to do with the LC cheese is to toast a light english muffin and spread one wedge of the french onion on. Perfect. :)
  • veracruz
    veracruz Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I grilled veggies tonight but was just in one of those "carb" moods - needing something creamy - so I added a wedge of the garlic & herb to my hot grilled veggies - it was heavenly. Exactly what I needed. Only 35 calories - but very satisfying and I know it saved me from making a not-so-healthy-choice! MMMMMMMMMM
  • veracruz
    veracruz Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I wish they would make a cheddar flavor! :sad:

me tooo!!
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    here's the recipe for the alfredo sauce thingy. i made it tonight and it was fabulous!!!!!!!! i did make it with more peppers and broccoli and i entered the whole thing into the recipe maker thing. i saw someone added just the sauce but i did the whole meal. like i said though i did add more veg to it.
    other than that, on a day my husband cooked and it was nothing i could/would eat. i quickly made myself a chicken breast and then i took a potato and cooked it in the microwave. i added a garlic herb laughing cow cheese and a little water and then broccoli and i made the most awesome mashed potato like concoction that only took me a few minutes.
    i've also had it carrot sticks and it's awesome.
  • Jlynb1109
    Jlynb1109 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I like to put some on my baked sweet potato instead of butter! Yum!
  • missallie
    Options
    Wow, this is great! Laughing Cow is on sale all the time at my local store so I buy it a lot but I was only eating it with crackers...which gets a little dull after a while. I'll have to try some of these suggestions!
  • tbrewer29
    Options
    Thanks ya'll! I printed all of your ideas - they all sound YUMMY!
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I mix laughing cow cheese with salsa and spread on a tortilla and fill with grilled chicken. Makes a nice little mexican wrap!!
  • krislew
    krislew Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I dip my pretzels in it.
    made the fettucine with it
    made the cordon blue with it

go to laughing cow website and find a bunch of recipes.
  • Van3ssa_2468
    Van3ssa_2468 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've never tried laughing cow cheese... anyone know how it is for sodium?

210 for the light swiss original blend
  • dbmom
    dbmom Posts: 16
    Options
    Love Laughing Cow Cheese! One of my favorite snacks...that I really look forward to, a plum cut up and I eat each pc with a fork and a litlle dab of LC Cheese...Absolutely Delicious! :smile:
  • Mookz0r
    Mookz0r Posts: 143
    Options
    has anyone mentioned melting it as a sauce? Great with fish and mushrooms.
  • tatey2009
    Options
    i have it:
    1. as a pasta sauce with salmon, mushrooms, onion and garlic
    2. in home made potato skins (i.e cutting the potato in half and scooping out the flesh, mix with the laughing cow and cook for a further 20 mins
    3. as a substitute for the cream cheese on a salmon and cream cheese bagel
    4. as a nice, simple snack! i pack 2 - 3 in my lunch box then snack on them instead of rubbish!
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Honestly I think the only way you should attempt to eat any kind of chese is by mouth. :laugh: