sports bras for the more top heavy. suggestions??

Options

Replies

• jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    barenecessities.com has great bras.
  • yuliyax
    yuliyax Posts: 288
    Options
    I have Triumph Tri-Action Extreme Sports Bra and Shock Absorber Ultimate Run, love them both, nothing jiggles and nothing bounces. I prefer Triumph one because it is seamless and feels nicer on the skin.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I wear 2 bras. Some people don't like this option, but I never found it uncomfortable, and it sure keeps the girls in place.
  • flpmomi
    flpmomi Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I used to do an old bra with a cheap spandex sports bra until I found an awesome one at Lane Bryant. It was $42 but well worth it and I got it when they were having the buy one get one so even better. Its one of the best sports bras I have ever worn and its so comfy.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I swear by the Fiona sports bra (and they are reasonably priced). I can workout in these and not think about my boobs so that's awesome.

http://www.movingcomfort.com/Fiona/350003,default,pd.html

As with any good sports bra, you will need to pay a little more but it's totally worth it!

I second this. Not only can I run in it without bounce, but as a bonus it is cute so I can run in t without a shirt on when it gets hot. I have 3 o f them and have no idea how I managed before this bra.
  • soulmatesnvrdie
    Options
    This one is the first one I've found that does the job for me at a DDD that I got in-store at Dillard's (they have bigger sizes too) and I also like it because there is no uni-boob issue, I've worn it as an everyday bra a few times under my t-shirts because it is so comfortable.

http://www.dillards.com/product/Lunaire-Sports-Bra_301_-1_301_500477234?df=00748696_zi_white
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I use the Victoria's Secret VSX VS Pro Sport Bra...I could stand on my head and my boobies ain't goin' nowhere :smile:

V358033.jpg

It comes in sizes for the fluffier chest. I typically wear a 40D but I bought the 38C for even more support. They are a little pricey but if you can find some coupon codes it makes them easier to afford.

ETA - I also bought my a little smaller to make sure they fit as I lose weight. After investing that much in them I want to make sure they are going to fit me for quite a while.
  • bongochick45
    bongochick45 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm an H cup so I just gave up on finding sports bras that fit. Hell finding regular bras that fit is a task. But I do like wearing support tanks. They suck everything in and hold everything down. My coworker was telling me about bally bras. You can find them at nordstrom. I'm gonna order one this month and report back.
  • drinknderive
    drinknderive Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the Fiona bras. They're supportive and reasonably priced.
  • JenNuma
    JenNuma Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • juliekinn
    juliekinn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great suggestions! Really helpful thread.
  • sunnysmile
    sunnysmile Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Bump. Great thread

A frustration with bra sizes is not only limited cup size but many bras manufacturers won't make anything wider than 40 band, and many not that high. A lot of women wear wider than 40 that need support and want to exercise! I worked hard to get to a size that stores carry and bra manufacturers make, but I used to cry trying to find one that fit right in cup and band. I am excited to learn of Panache 5021 and the others and will find a store to try on.
  • sash3619
    sash3619 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My vote is for Under Armour. I wear 36D and it was the first sport bra that allowed me to do jumping, running etc very comfortably. And boobs look great in it under the shirt::).
  • HappyElizabeth
    HappyElizabeth Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    36D here. I rotate between various Moving Comfort bras and the Champion Powerback. I've found the Champion Powerback is the most flattering sportsbra I've ever owned (and fairly inexpensive!), but the Moving Comfort provide more support.
  • ruthallie
    ruthallie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am a 40D and I use Victoria Secrets Sports Bra, its one of the best supportive Sports Bra I have ever used!
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I am a G/GG/H cup and I swear by the shock absorber level 4 highest impact bras. I just got a new one in a smaller size :) The bigger one is so great, I just wear it whenever I am not working out now :)
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I like either the panache 5021 (It hink that is the number, the one where the back can convert to racer mode) or Enell- I flow out of the enell but- it is my strap-em down option
  • Jessifer83
    Jessifer83 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :smile:
  • coopers11
    coopers11 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have a shock absorber run bra. It has a fastener at the back and one at the shoulder blades and I have hardly any bounce now (plus it makes the girls look great!)