If only they made half-sizes

Options
MericoX
MericoX Posts: 199 Member
I always hate when you've lost some weight and your size doesn't fit you, and neither does the next size down without being a teensy bit snug. If I could have a half-size down in pants, and underwear I'd be the happiest person on earth. Haha.

Who else is with me that needs half-sizes!

Replies

• achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I'm so tired of my jeans sagging down...but I still don't quite fit into the next size down.
  • socialkombat
    Options
    Me! I can't tell you how many times I've felt that way. In bras, too! :laugh:
  • PaisleyLotus
    PaisleyLotus Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have always believed that the Junior sizes were half sizes. For example: 18 in Womens 17 in Juniors. I always fall under the junior sizes, myself. They hold the "odd" sizes, while the other half, we've all come to know are the "even" sizes. The junior sizes are from 00 to size 25! YES...even up to size 25! How's that to half sizes?? :flowerforyou:
  • thickntired
    thickntired Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Oh so with you there! I am currently sagging in my current jeans and I have to keep pulling them up, but the next size is still to snug. I hadn't thought of juniors, even though I have some juniors. I didn't think of them as half sizes. I am so hitting that section next time I am at the store. Thanks for the info PaisleyLotus. Maybe I can finally get some pants that fit! LOL!
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    totally need half sizes lol...i'm like a size 19 right now :)

we don't have juniors here.
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    It's funny. I'm the same. Here in the UK, sizes go in multilples of two. The smallest is usually a 6 (although TopShop introduced a 4 in the last few years. I think UK 4 is US 0.

Anyway, my friend used to manage a branch of TopShop. They introduced half sizes (7,9,etc) and they just didn't sell. We're so used to buying 10s,12s etc that no-one bought them so they were phased out again.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Levi's do half sizes,at least in their juniors range. I got some on a trip to new york from a bargain jeans shop,and theyre the most perefect fitting things Ive ever owned. :)
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    ladies ladies ladies, please don't tell me y'all don't do the sit and squat? Buy the jeans that barely button up, then before you go out, squat down for a good five minutes, or even sit indian legged, guarenteed those suckers will fit! Jeans always feel looser by the end of the day anyways, so thats why you buy the size that barely fits and when in doubt, squat it out! My problem is I have a big butt, so I have the huge gap in the back of my jeans, and I can't afford apple bottoms or anything, so therefore, I must live with the gap:(
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    ladies ladies ladies, please don't tell me y'all don't do the sit and squat? Buy the jeans that barely button up, then before you go out, squat down for a good five minutes, or even sit indian legged, guarenteed those suckers will fit! Jeans always feel looser by the end of the day anyways, so thats why you buy the size that barely fits and when in doubt, squat it out! My problem is I have a big butt, so I have the huge gap in the back of my jeans, and I can't afford apple bottoms or anything, so therefore, I must live with the gap:(

This is interesting! Will try it the next time :)
    Right now my pants fit weird, i don know if they keep going down because I have lost some or because I am still too big for those :grumble: Guess will get to know in a few days :huh:
  • MericoX
    MericoX Posts: 199 Member
    Options

I'm gonna try this when I get back from my walk. I bought a pair of pants for work, and a pair of jeans a couple weeks ago when Fashion Bug was closing, my 28s are sagging off me, I had to roll up the bottoms in fear of yanking my own pants down!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    If you take your jeans out of the dryer still just a tad bit damp they are much easier to get comfy. While just a tiny bit damp put them on and do your bending, sitting and squating. After 15 or so minutes take them off and lay flat to dry. When you put them on later when they are completely dry they fit perfectly.
  • PaisleyLotus
    Options
    Buy online, honey! :wink:
  • PaisleyLotus
    Options
    How nice would it be to say...."I wear Juniors"! ? ! :wink:
  • PaisleyLotus
    Options
    Good luck! I'm sure you find something that you also will fit AND love! AND can I say it again??? Now you can be proud to say you fit into JUNIORS! :wink: