anyone with thyroid/fatigue issues???

Options
i'm really struggling with my weight loss, mainly because i dont exercise. the only exercise i get is walking to and from work (10 minutes each way) and whatever walking i do round town at lunchtime.

i always tell myself when i get home from work im gonna take my dog for a walk, or go on my cross trainer but my underactive thyroid gets me down so much, i just collapse as soon as i get home from work. mornings are such a struggle to.

i always try to leave my desk at lunchtime, even if its just a 5 minute walk to and from town but some days i just cant.

is there anyone else with a similar problem that has a way around it? i don't think it helps that i just generally hate exercise, it has never made me feel good, i always feel even more tired and cr&p afterwards.

Replies

• alliebeth88
    alliebeth88 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have Hashimoto's disease, so I I get where you are coming from. I have to say that since I started lifting using free weights (squats, deadlifts, overhead and bench presses), I have finally started to feel better. It's hard at first and I was so exhausted, but now I'm finding I have so much more energy.

I think if you really just force yourself to exercise, of any type, you will have more energy. It's just that initial push that is so hard.

Best of luck~
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have an underactive thyroid as well. When you exercise you actually get more energy.
    Try maybe 15 minutes before work then a half an hour after. Make a point to do it everyday and you will notice the difference in the amount of energy you have once you're more active.
  • rae_lyon
    rae_lyon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't rule out a visit with your health care practitioner. If you're on medication for your thyroid condition, it may need to be adjusted or changed. Not everyone does well on the most presribed brand name one. There are others out there and one of those may work better for you.

You might want to evaluate your food intake and look for eating events that may be spiking your blood sugar. That is an energy zap for sure! I that find eating in a way that supports even blood sugar really helps keep fatigue at bay.

Good luck!