This is going to work!

Options
Am up at 4:00 a.m. with intense back pain and am determined to lose the extra pounds for good this time. Am almost 70 and feel that this has to be the time that will result in a lasting weight loss. Am looking forward to the support and encouragement that will take me to my goal of about 40 pound loss. Probably like most of you over my almost 70 years I have tried them all and gained and lost hundreds of pounds. The most successful has been a support group and keeping track of the food I eat. This site seems to have them both. This is the first day of my PERMANENT weight loss with support from this great website. Looking forward to everyone's input!:happy:

Replies

• chris493
    chris493 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Nice positive attitude. Just ensure you keep reminding yourself "PERMANENT weight loss".

I would set some mini goals and rewards to help motivate.

Welcome and good luck.
  • hannatrip
    Options
    Hi!! and welcome to the site!!! It is a great website....lots of motivation and help!!! I am 56 and have been through all kinds of diets also...the only ones that really do anything are the ones like you said...support and logging food....and exercise!! Which I am trying to build up!!
  • Alycyn1980
    Alycyn1980 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the best thing that has helped me lose weight. I am 30 and have about 35-40lbs to lose and I have struggled to stick to other diets but in the 3wks that I have been doing this I have lost 8lbs which usually takes weeks when following other diets. I am sure you will do well as you seem really determined - add me as a friend if you would like the support :flowerforyou: