bump!
  • Lance_K
    Lance_K Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I love blueberry muffins and am looking forward to making these.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • thewestwifey
    thewestwifey Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i am going to have to try this! thanks!!!
  • jessrect
    jessrect Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Bumping for the weekend
  • scubachick2287
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • khollyk
    khollyk Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I don't lose this before I get around to trying it!
  • Silly_Sara
    Silly_Sara Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    My recipe is very similar (- banana + apple sauce, since I strongly dislike bananas.). My result isn't really that dense, but it calls for 2t baking powder. I mix ALL MY INGREDIENTS without the baking powder or blueberries and let it STAND for a good 10 minutes so that the oats can really suck up the moisture. Sometimes I leave it longer than that. Then, right before transferring to the baking tins, I add and thoroughly mix in the baking powder and then the berries. I find this helps the consistency of an oat-flour-anything quite a lot! Nice recipe!
  • meshamoo
    meshamoo Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ohtender
    ohtender Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    These sugar-free muffins are a very filling and super tasty (and I mean, even in relation to regular muffins!). It makes 12 dense small/medium (they're fist-sized) muffins that are ~92 calories each. They are absolutely wonderful after being refrigerated over night and are great as an guilt-free on the go breakfast or snack.

Ingredients:
    2 & 1/2 Cups of Quick Oats
    1 Cup of blueberries
    2 Egg whites
    1 Teaspoon Baking powder
    1 Mashed Banana
    3 Tablespoons of Splenda, Stevia or no calorie sugar substitute (optional*)
    ~1/2 Cup of Water (I usually eyeball it, but the batter should be thicker than molasses or the muffins will be a bit soggy in the middle when finished baking)

Put the quick oats into a blender/food processor and blend until it develops a flour-like consistency. Add the rest of the ingredients except for the blueberries and continue to mix. When the batter is done, stir in the blueberries with a spoon (I prefer to keep the blueberries whole as they give the muffins more volume) and then pour the mixture into a muffin tin with muffin liners. Bake at 355°F for 35 minutes and then allow the muffins cool for 20 minutes before eating.

Just made these this morning, with a little adjustment ( I dont have a processor or blender, for one!)
    Anyway, so tasty. I added 1/2 plain yogurt and did 2 cups knife-chopped quick oats and 1/2 bread flour and it worked out to about 120 cals per muffin. Thanks for breakfast!
  • ciarastacey
    ciarastacey Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • purpleleopard76
    purpleleopard76 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump to try at weekend with the kids lol :smile:
  • sakeith84
    sakeith84 Posts: 8
    Options
    bump
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Perfect timing for this to make it to the front page! I have some blueberries in my fridge I don't know what to do with.