Starting My Journey.....Again

Options
Hello everyone. I have been on this rollercoaster for my entire adult life. I hate it. I am a very emotional eater for sure, I can lost 10 pounds, but the minute something goes out of whack or throws me off then here comes the 5 pounds back, and I know I do it, I know and its like I just can't control it. I am not one who eats big meals all the time I just will have junk food and snack all night which in my opinion is much worse.

I am 5'3 and on the upper side of the 200s and it kills me. I have recently lost 14 pounds, I had gotten upto 302 and I was like wtf no way, this is not happening so I have lost down the 14 pounds, but its like I can do good a week then 2 come back then lose 5 and it comes back, I just need to keep moving and its so hard to do, there are some days that I will be so depressed that I won't even do anything. I don't want to waste my life away like this, I am single, have been for 6 years and I am 28 years old, I don't want to stay at this weight, at this black hole and keep myself from dating, because when you aren't happy with yourself then no one can be happy with you.

I hope that I can find support here, people who can say Jennifer get off ya a** and on your feet, kinda thing you know? I loved the shows too fat for 15 and ruby, my 600 pound life those shows are so inspiring to me, and unless you have been "fat, overweight, chubby" its ridiculous at how people treat you, you notice it very much. I want to be able to walk into the room and for once not be noticed for being chubbs. Best of luck to everyone on here let's walk it off!

Replies

• tinasmith122
    Options
    I am starting mine for the third time.:smile:
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have worn your shoes. It isn't easy but you have to overcome your eating issues. Start slowly and be true to yourself. Plan and set yourself up for success. Find new ways to comfort yourself without compromising your commitment. And do not beat yourself up if you do slip on occasion-we all have those times. Just own it-put a period on it and move on. Good luck---you will get there. Just be patient and recognize that this needs to be a life change not a diet. Work with your calories to create meals that you can live with and enjoy forever. Allow an indulgent treat, one serving, once every couple of weeks or set rewards for goals, a massage, facial, whatever you enjoy. :smile: I have never been happier and I am getting closer to my goal with every day that passes. I am 10 months in and feeling wonderful!
  • Serenity6711
    Options
    Hello ladies, keep going! Dont give up. My max weight (that isn't baby-related has been 176) and I can relate to the cycle. I am constantly going up and down and starting and ending. I can relate to you both and I can encourage u to just keep going and do the best you can! I had purchased a book titled "food addiction" and while i couldnt relate to the entire book, it was so helpful in understanding the cycle of eating. I can send the info if you'd like to read it.
  • dapdawes23
    Options
    I wish I had a quarter for everytime I started... again! Weight watchers once said this saying that is totally true - If u fail to plan then you plan to fail. I find planning really helps. I am an emotional eater too, I probably could have lost alot more this week but I let something bother me more than I should have and ended up eating way too much in the evening, which blew the whole day and probably 3 others. I do this alot. Recently instead of eating I have been going for a drive or for a walk, it works, sometimes. Otherwise I just try to keep it in check the best I can. I've lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks, I'm 51, 5'8" and have to lose 100 lbs... 96 to go, lol.... Good Luck!
  • DottieLoo
    DottieLoo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting mine as well. I wanted to lose 80 pounds. Like you I'm about 5'3" and weighed in at about 200 lbs. That might not seem very overweight but on a short, petite frame it's alot. I'm sure you can relate to that! Good luck! I'll be cheering for you!
  • di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I think most if not all of us here have started again............and again and maybe even again. Though for me sometimes that seems like a failure its not...its showing we are still in this fight......a fight to feel and look better and be healthier. Just keep at it and dont worry about next week. Worry about today and do your best to eat healthy and within your calories today.

For me reading the success stories on here is very motivational. If they can do it, then i can do it to..as you can do it also.

You just need to be your own best friend...and not stand in your own way of success..

Keep coming here, logging and tracking...feel free to add me for extra support :)
    Diana
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Second time here.

MY first time I just stopped logging and I did great - i was down to 125 and feeling fabulous while doing crossfit and doing a low gluten diet.

Then I was diagnosed with Fibro and got a new desk job instead of being active from the pain and the pounds started creeping on. When I tipped the scales at just over 140 I knew I had to get my butt back into gear, I wasn't about to gain all the weight back!

Looking at the inspirational stories and photos on here is what keeps me going. I was in a plateau for 4 weeks and I just kept pushing and trying different things and finally I broke through this past week, I finally broke 130!

One day at a time is what I'm learning. With the Fibro some days it's difficult to just get out of bed and get through the work day. But I still take it one day a t a time and try and make better choices and please don't cut out all the food you love - that's when you fail. But having it as a treat or a once in awhile thing is what keeps me going! And if you can fit it into your calories for the day, even better - juts work out a little harder and slowly the weight will come off and making healthier choices will make you feel better too.
  • churchchipmunk
    churchchipmunk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend! Support and encouragement is so important in our lives and especially this journey! :smile:
  • pinkly14fun2
    Options
    On my 2nd round as well. We can do this. Even if it takes more rounds, at least we keep trying!