5'3 142 Ready to lose the next 8 pounds :)

Options
2»

Replies

• msny15
    msny15 Posts: 14
    Options
    I am also 5 ft 3 - am a few pounds away from the 140's!! 152 ugghh soooo close, but I do 1500 calories a day because I usually workout everyday and burn at least 300 calories up to 600 at Zumba (that I don't eat back). I have lost 26 pound since January so it works - just have to stick with it! Good Luck :)
  • RachelHoffman0709
    RachelHoffman0709 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 5'4 and 144lbs. I have lost 19lbs since the end of January. I currently eat 1600 calories a day and I do not eat back exercise calories bc I figured out my daily calories by calculating my TDEE. That has me set to lose right under a pound a week. I think you ladies are eating too few calories if you're not eating your exercise calories back. I did my calculation on scoobysworkshop website.

As for sugar, I don't really pay attention to it because you can't stay under it and eat your daily amount of fruit and if I ate a bunch of candy and junk, I would be over my other macros that I do watch.

I don't have a goal weight. I am focusing more on toning and strength training right now and we'll see at what weight I'm happy with. I currently have 25.5% body fat so I want to get that down more importantly.

Just remember that the closer you get to your goal weight, the slower the weight will come off. Be patient and be consistent. Feel free to add me. Good luck!

How did you figure out your body fat percentage?

here is a website you can use to calculate your BF%. You will need to enter your measurements.

http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/body-fat-percentage-calculator.php
  • highmaintnance
    highmaintnance Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 5'4 and 144lbs. I have lost 19lbs since the end of January. I currently eat 1600 calories a day and I do not eat back exercise calories bc I figured out my daily calories by calculating my TDEE. That has me set to lose right under a pound a week. I think you ladies are eating too few calories if you're not eating your exercise calories back. I did my calculation on scoobysworkshop website.

As for sugar, I don't really pay attention to it because you can't stay under it and eat your daily amount of fruit and if I ate a bunch of candy and junk, I would be over my other macros that I do watch.

I don't have a goal weight. I am focusing more on toning and strength training right now and we'll see at what weight I'm happy with. I currently have 25.5% body fat so I want to get that down more importantly.

Just remember that the closer you get to your goal weight, the slower the weight will come off. Be patient and be consistent. Feel free to add me. Good luck!

How did you figure out your body fat percentage?

I bought a scale on amazon that shows weight and body fat percentage.
  • bLui_bella
    bLui_bella Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have been sticking with 1200 a day. In order to maintain my weight I can eat 2000 a day. I stick with 1200, but I also try to burn 400 with working out... I am curious as to what everyone else does as well. I have been losing a pound or so per week if I don't slip up.

Thanks for this, Im 5'3 and 140! Same boat as you. I am wondering, do you eat back the calories you burn so the 1200 is net when you exercise? Or always stick with 1200 no matter how much you burn?

Also what about sugar... I find with 2 pieces of fruit I'm over my limit already. I find that I'm almost always over my limit! Wondering if this is preventing me from loosing...

I am 5'3" and I am at 130-132 depending on my intake and exercise... Just like everyone else :) I try to stick with about 1200 period regardless of what I burn that day... If I have a rest day I will try not to even hit 1000. I'd like to see 125 oon the scale,although I lift so it is hard to lose because of the weight of the muscle itself. I can't complain too much though because over the whole course of my journey I have lost 60 pounds.
  • MelissaHopeG
    MelissaHopeG Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My biggest obstacle is beer and the weekends, but I'm super motivated now. I just ordered a heart rate monitor, and I'm excited to really track my calorie count with my workouts.

YES! My biggest obstacles are wine and weekends! I feel you, its hard.
  • steph268
    steph268 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My biggest obstacle is beer and the weekends, but I'm super motivated now. I just ordered a heart rate monitor, and I'm excited to really track my calorie count with my workouts.

YES! My biggest obstacles are wine and weekends! I feel you, its hard.
  • steph268
    steph268 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes, and we are going to a winery this weekend to celebrate our anniversary, but it'll be fine. It will be my one cheat day, and I have a workout coming that morning before we leave.