Starting over...AGAIN....NEED HELP & FRIENDS!!

Options
2»

Replies

• theatkgirls
    Options
    Hi Andrea, I started out at 202 pounds, after 4 months of diet and daily exercise, I am only at 194. It is very frusterating and hard. Please feel free to add me as a friend. Together, we can take the weight off.
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm here for you ... and I'm sure many others are too! Add me!
  • NanaMAT3
    NanaMAT3 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Andrea -- feel free to add me, and we will both journey together. I understand how life can get in the way and just want you to know that you are not alone :flowerforyou:
  • baiye1
    baiye1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, as well. I'm doing this to avoid knee replacement on one and possible surgery on the other. I understand the lack of support in the home, too. Seems to be a good group here and it helps seeing other people have (and overcome or pick up from) the same issues

35034776.png
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    really sorry to hear you feel how you do :(
    try turn that self disappointment into focused motivation and you will reach all the goals you set yourself,
    aim for really small goals at 1st and as you reach them use that as encouragement to keep going to a bigger goal, honestly wish you all the best

more than happy to throw some support and encouragement your way if you want to add me
  • Brutmar
    Brutmar Posts: 85
    Options
    Andrea, we have all been where you are now....disappointed, disgusted, ashamed. But you don't have to stay there. Take one day at a time and you will eventually meet your goal. Surround yourself with MFPs for that extra boost! We are all here for YOU!! I'd love to be your friend :).....good luck and I hope to hear from you!
  • spirytwynd
    spirytwynd Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yes, you face challenges and a serious sucky situation problem. However, you have taken the first step, and you are trying. Now you need to keep steppin! Have a sit down talk with your husband. Come to a consensus about how many sweets he can bring home. The fewer the better. Come up with a common goal and plan, that way you won't feel like he is sabotaging you and yet he can feel part of the solution. Maybe he can get his sugar fix elsewhere. Next, meet your neighbors. This is good practice anyway. Get plugged in. Find a church if you are part of a faith - community helps. Find the local YMCA or gym. Yes, you currently have some physical restrictions but figure out what you can do, and then do it! Work with your doctor if you need to. And, of course, stay active on MFP and log your stuff. It will help keep you mindful of what is going in and what is going out. You have taken the first step, now you just need to keep and build up your momentum. You can do this!!!
  • MrsSammi
    MrsSammi Posts: 11
    Options
    Im happy to share support with you Andrea :)
  • sirak98
    sirak98 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is your turning point. You just need some support. Please add me !
  • lisamarie447
    lisamarie447 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi, Andrea! I will be sending you a friend request ASAP ;-) Good for you for getting back on here and starting again! :-) I know how hard it is, especially when you move to a new area!
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hi Andrea,

feel free add me
  • jacquib234
    jacquib234 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Andrea I'm Jacqui and so pleased to know I'm not the only one who's recently starting on here. I'm 240 pounds, the first time
    that's said in public!

My problems are hips and getting gout. I'm determined to get off the weight loss helter skelter and simply try to get healthier.
    I too have felt very down and what's the point? A friend said to me when you feel that way to give yourself permission to be that
    way for a set time. Then pick yourself up give yourself the sort of talking to you'd give a friend who felt that way and move on.

They say the longest journey starts with a single step, I'd like to think we stepped on this journey together.

You guessed I could also do with some support & friends.

Feel better and take care.
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.Don't beat yourself up too hard though. You can do this. One step at a time, with your friends right here beside you. I'm currently at 207 and younger than you, knowing I have to lose weight for health reasons. :flowerforyou:
  • CritterSue
    CritterSue Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi Andrea!
    There are a lot of us in the same boat. You are not alone! You will have lots of friends here. Please add me to your list if you'd like. That goes for anyone. I just joined yesterday!
    Sue
  • rhondaec
    rhondaec Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hello, Andrea. you can add me. I know somewhat where you are coming from. I have health problems also. Best wishes on your new journey!
  • neveradullmoment
    Options
    Feel free to add me! The more the support the better!