Sabotaged

Options

Replies

• healthydoseofglitter
    healthydoseofglitter Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    thats going to be an awesome suprise when she see's you ... congrats on the weight loss

Keep some for yourself but I bet there is a local food pantry that would love some cheese cakes and other goodies. I recently visited one in my area with my girl scout troop and its amazing how many people really need help. If its out of your house no temptations plus you would be doing something great for your community!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    This is where moderation is key :) But I totally get it, if I had 6 cheesecakes given to me I would do my best to try and eat it within a few sitting just because they are so darn good!

Hope you can manage to resist temptation!
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    May the force be with you...
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Throw a Father's day Block party and use it all up...seriously, i would not have self control around 6 cheesecakes. Hope you do...good luck!!!!

This is a great ideal!
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Don't invite me to dinner, send the foodz to ME!!
  • adenium11
    adenium11 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Oh what a lovely thought she had. It makes me giggle too because we all know how hard it is to stay away from the "good" stuff that is well rather bad for us. I would say have a treat.. try some of it and at least you can honestly tell her you enjoyed it ;) What a good lesson to learn.. not to send food.
  • julieagross
    Options
    I can't have high calorie food sitting around the house. If it was me and I was still in my Atkins phase I could prolly use the meat stuffs. These days though, I've converted to mostly salad and fruit at home. Anything richer than that I get out so I don't have it around. I guess one of my issues is snacking.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I envy you and don't envy you.

I would love that gift but I also know that I can talk a big game about self control and willpower, but if it's a good cheesecake (or donuts or whatever) I will eat too much if its available.

It's not impossible...you're just going to have to make a real concentrated effort to keep to whatever goals you have yourself.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    This sounds like it would be a great time for a barbeque. An even better time for a block party. That or keep it all and let your grocery bill go down for a bit.
  • thatonegirlinohio
    thatonegirlinohio Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    The first thing I thought was, "I bet my dad wishes he had a daughter like that." LOL Joking aside, good luck with whatever you do. I would still surprise her!
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    YUM and yeap - food as gifts isn't great. I've canceled my Swiss Colony because I'm too tempted to "add on something for me" when I would order other's gifts.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Oh if you say you got some of those twice baked potatoes, too I'm just going to lose it.
    oh yes and chicken fried steak :sad: fritters
  • IronFiend
    IronFiend Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    6 cheesecakes? Time for an impromptu bulk cycle.

Ha, ha....LOVE!!!
  • mapnerd2005
    mapnerd2005 Posts: 363
    Options
    freezer and rationing.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I'd freeze the cheesecake (and meat) in single servings. That way you can ration it easier and it'll last *FOREVER*.

Ok, I might sit down with a fork and one of the cheesecakes..but I'd freeze the rest.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    your daughter loves you long time <3.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    MMMMMM....cheesecake......MMMMMMMMMMMMMM....... Steak..........good
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    bring the cheesecakes into work and leave them for your coworkers to eat. :0
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Eventually, the two of you will have a great laugh over it and it will be a funny story that gets told over and over again! It is a great gift, and I would totally opt for freezing what you can, and then having an impromptu cookout.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Can you put some of it in the freezer (okay, a lot of it? like the cheesecakes)? I ask because I honestly don't know if it's frozen or freezable without compromising quality. But if you can, do! That's enough for months, right? And if it's frozen, it'll be easier to exercise moderation. It would be especially nifty if the cheesecake can be frozen in individual slices - every time you want some you have to thaw a piece, and then you don't have the rest sitting there "going bad" and asking to be eaten, right?