Sabotaged

Options
13»

Replies

• VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Think of it as a box of proteins, fats, and carbs, work it into your daily macros and enjoy!

This ^^^
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I saw a few people said dinner party... YES!! Have a huge dinner party and invite all your freinds and share the fab spread with them! That way you can still taste some of the treats but in moderation, and everyone will think you have the best parties ever! How sweet that you want to surprise her!! Good luck!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I think you can fit the steaks,hotdogs ad stroganoffs in. The cheesecakes might have to go.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I do not mean any disrepect for your daughter. I realize everyone is different, but am I the only one that would be absolutely shocked, and I mean jaw-dropping, speachless, shocked, to receive 6 cheesecakes?? That is bizarre to me.
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Awww, bless her heart! This hurdle will take some serious will power, but you can do it :)
    edited to add: I don't think you need to get rid of anything.. maybe the cheesecakes will freeze? I'm in the school of thought of not denying yourself anything and just make healthy habits and build off of those. Honestly when I deny myself something, I just want it more.. Your choice and you know yourself best.. good luck!
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    May the force be with you...

LOL i was thinking the same thing!

Your daughter is a very thoughtful and loving daughter! At least you know that she is still clueless about your awesome weightloss and will be completely surprised!
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I have an extra freezer in the garage. Put it all in there, out of sight out of mind. Sad to say : one piece of cheesecake did not make to the freezer for some reason:blushing:
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I do not mean any disrepect for your daughter. I realize everyone is different, but am I the only one that would be absolutely shocked, and I mean jaw-dropping, speachless, shocked, to receive 6 cheesecakes?? That is bizarre to me.

Well if you are thinking the person will eat them all in a week or a month, then YEAH. I would also find it bizarre.

But if you are thinking the person you just gifted with these things, will have an awesome supply of food favorites for the next 6-12 months, then... not so shocking. More like AWESOME.

Break out a cheesecake at the beginning of each month. Have a little sliver as a treat each night or every other night. haha A little bit isn't going to hurt.

If you don't think you can do a little at a time, then keep one and donate the rest.

Or like others have said. Have a party!!

Either way, that was an incredibly sweet and thoughful thing your daughter did. And yes it's awkward since she doesn't know about your weight loss.

Definitely keep it as a surprise for her!!!
  • sarannakitten
    Options
    Nice gift...just remember 'tis better to give than recieve (share at work or dinner party time!)
  • bcattoes
    Options

Well if you are thinking the person will eat them all in a week or a month, then YEAH. I would also find it bizarre.

But if you are thinking the person you just gifted with these things, will have an awesome supply of food favorites for the next 6-12 months, then... not so shocking. More like AWESOME.

Still shocking to me. I've never known anyone that ate 6 cheesecakes in a year. Not saying it's bad, just totally foreign to my little world. Honestly, I'm just sitting here with my mind blown that so many think it's normal. I need to get out more.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Save one cheesecake. Give the others away.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Still shocking to me. I've never known anyone that ate 6 cheesecakes in a year. Not saying it's bad, just totally foreign to my little world. Honestly, I'm just sitting here with my mind blown that so many think it's normal. I need to get out more.

We probably make 2 or 3 a year.

In a 5-person family, plus, all our various house guests, friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers, I'm lucky if I get two slices.
  • autumnpath
    autumnpath Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    EAT THEM..MY Gosh ppl, stop thinking that all the good food has to go.
    Self Control Ppl.
    Op for sure fire up the BBQ and have some steak.
    And Cheesecake for desert

I like this. Moderation....

BUT...six cheesecakes? Yeh...I'd take five of them to work for sure! Let all them eat them up!
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Dinner party would be great - you should totally have one. This way you get to share the stroganoffs & cheese cakes with your friends & have a great time (keep the steaks). Having a slice of cheesecake with friends is much better than sitting in a room alone, eating it all by yourself.

This is a great idea!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

I could go through a cheesecake a week easily. Once slice a day, yum!
  • bcattoes
    Options

Are these small cheesecakes? (not familiar with Omaha Steaks) One 7th of the cheesecakes I'm familiar with would be huge. About 4 times the normal serving in a restaurant.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Are these small cheesecakes? (not familiar with Omaha Steaks) One 7th of the cheesecakes I'm familiar with would be huge. About 4 times the normal serving in a restaurant.

Good question, I've never had cheesecake from Omaha Steaks. The cheesecakes I'm used to are like 9"-10" in diameter.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    After reading all the good suggestions I contacted a local food kitchen, I will be dropping most of it off tomorrow . Oh and a misunderstanding that is 6 slices not whole cheesecakes, sorry for the confusion.:blushing:
  • bcattoes
    Options
    After reading all the good suggestions I contacted a local food kitchen, I will be dropping most of it off tomorrow . Oh and a misunderstanding that is 6 slices not whole cheesecakes, sorry for the confusion.:blushing:

:laugh: :flowerforyou: