Getting started...

Options
I have been on MFP for about a month but have finally completed my profiles, added a pic and started looking for friends that are also on this journey for a healthier lifestyle.

I tend to have no self control when it comes to eating and I over eat and no amount of exercise will out train your bad diet. So I am now on here logging everything (or at least trying to). I am looking to lose inches and weight and meet great people along the way. When I first started I was 187 lbs and 5'41/2" now I am 184. Would love to be around 142 with 20 some percent body fat.

Just want my daughter to pick up on the healthly lifestyle that includes staying active, she is my greatest motivation although looking good in a swimsuit would be wonderful too.

Replies

• churchchipmunk
    churchchipmunk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend! I would love to have a friend on this journey where we can encourage one another and help each other stay on track! :smile:
  • jasmine1129
    jasmine1129 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. We all need as much encouragement as we can get. For me it's what keeps me going!
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    welcome :) setting up on here and keeping a log of your meals is a great start,
    have found it really helps to keep a track of what your eating and being able to see yourself making small improvements to your diet rather than trying to change everything over night is a much easier way of eating better

wish you all the best with hitting your target of 142, good luck
  • 1HappyTurtleRunner
    1HappyTurtleRunner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am beginning to love this site with all the motviation! I live 1.5 hours from any of my family (besides my daughter) and don't have lots of friends that I hang out with so this great. Once again thank you all
  • Runhard13
    Runhard13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    like the other poster say..just seeing all the information in front of you on a daily basis is eye opening. even subtle changles will help improve you down the road. Pick out healthy options slowly but surely and watch portion sizes ..toss in some exercise here and there even if just a long walk and watch that grow into something very successful :)
  • Runhard13
    Runhard13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    like the other poster said..just seeing all the information in front of you on a daily basis is eye opening. even subtle changles will help improve you down the road. Pick out healthy options slowly but surely and watch portion sizes ..toss in some exercise here and there even if just a long walk and watch that grow into something very successful :)