Chest & Waist

Options
I've lost nearly a stone since getting back healthy again and a lot of people have said they can tell I've lost weight from my face, my posture etc. I can tell by my calves and thighs as I have lost a couple of inches from each thigh, but despite me doing at least 2K calories a week and on average around 800 cals a day, I still can't see any different in my waist and manboobs.

These are the two things that I want to change so much, but despite me losing weight and people seeing a difference in me, I've measured my waist and chest and they still seem to be the same since I first started.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    You can't control where you lose the fat from unfortunately.

Keep losing fat and eventually you will lose it from problem areas.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    You can't control where you lose the fat from unfortunately.

Keep losing fat and eventually you will lose it from problem areas.

^^^ This.
  • estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Just to be clear...you're eating 800 calories per day on average? If so, why so little?
  • Madsocks
    Madsocks Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Just to be clear...you're eating 800 calories per day on average? If so, why so little?

No, I'm burning around 800 a day average from going to the gym. I'm eating on average about 1,800 cals a day.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    What the others have said is correct. We all lose our fat stores in our own order, our own fashion. Some store it on their waist, some on their hips, some their arms. There is no way to know the order it is going to come off and spot targeting really doesn't work. Just know eventually it will all come off it you keep working at it.

If I can interest someone in a nice spare tire, I've got one to sell. It's where my last few pounds are stored. And they are going away if it's the last thing I do.
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    Unfortunatly you cant spot reduce. Ive lost 1 cup size, 7 inches of my waist. 2 inches off my hips and knly. 5 off my thighs which are my trouble zone. It will come off where it wants to, when it wants to. Just stick with it!
  • Madsocks
    Madsocks Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Unfortunatly you cant spot reduce. Ive lost 1 cup size, 7 inches of my waist. 2 inches off my hips and knly. 5 off my thighs which are my trouble zone. It will come off where it wants to, when it wants to. Just stick with it!

That's really good going! Unfortunately my bum, chest and waist are my main trouble zones. My other one is my thighs but I think the reduction has started with them as I seem to be finding it easier fitting into my shorts and my work pants. I guess it will come soon enough, I just have to stick with it which is what I am definitely going to do! :-)
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    A lot of guys who lose weight don't realise that they're still the same waist measurement because their trousers now sit around their stomach, rather than under it. An ex went from a 36 to a 34, but didn't appreciate that, had he actually worn his pants where they belonged, he would have started off in 44s.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

ummm can you put the cup size back please ? :):):)