Team UK - August2010

Options

Replies

• kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    In London I think the coke is more expensive than the shot of voddy.
    :laugh:
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    What's a graze box ?

Thanks Becki for kicking this off. They're a food delivery service set up by the LoveFilm people. You can set up a delivery for how ever often you want one (I'm having one delivery per week). They send you a box with 4 little compartments filled with nuts and seeds or dried fruit or flapjack or crackers. You can select what you like and don't like so they'll never send you stuff you don't like. I've said I don't like the unhealthier things like chocolate! The best thing is that the calories are already in MFP so you can see up front what'd do you the most damage and 'Bin it' so that Graze don't send it to you :smile: Their idea is that you graze throughout the day to keep your blood sugars level but I must admit that I wouldn't want to eat it all in one day as mine came to over 700 cals (because of the nuts they sent). Will see how I get on but for the price I'm very impressed by what I received :heart:
  • MairiK
    MairiK Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone another newbie here, only joined mfp last Wednesday and am really enjoying the experience. Like many here i don't have a special reason/occasion for losing, just that i need to do it. I have decided that it's time I put myself first, look after me for a change.
    I'm enjoying finding my way around this site and reading other people's stories.
    Nice to meet you all
  • Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have a dangerous habit of once a nut, always a nut. I consumed a whole tub of mixed nuts from Asda once, it had pine nuts in it and it gave me metal mouth for a week. Was nasty !!
  • Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone another newbie here, only joined mfp last Wednesday and am really enjoying the experience. Like many here i don't have a special reason/occasion for losing, just that i need to do it. I have decided that it's time I put myself first, look after me for a change.
    I'm enjoying finding my way around this site and reading other people's stories.
    Nice to meet you all

That's as good a reason as any. Good luck with it.
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    Beckiboo - I am also interested in maybe doing a detox for a short while but I like my food too much! Like the idea of being able to eat rice etc. Maybe I am looking on the wrong sites for detox advice.........
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have a dangerous habit of once a nut, always a nut.

LOL - yup, sounds about right. I love Levi Roots reggae reggae nut mix but I looked at the cals at the weekend :sad: Needless to say I'll never buy them until I develop the will power to put the packet down :laugh: Pine nuts are not ones that you want to snack on tho as they're too expensive. Gotta save those little dudes for pesto and salads only. But no metal mouth (I hate that!)
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Hi guys...I would love to join! I'm from south wales :flowerforyou: and have been on MFP since April of this year and have managed to lose just under 32lbs! I am stuck at a plateau at the mo and after a seriously bad day today...I have decided to jump back on the wagon and give it my absolute everything! :happy:

I believe this group will hold me accountable and help push me along...and hopefully I can offer support to you guys too :happy: I would love to lose 8lbs by the end of september and this will push me intothe 10 stone region! I cannot remember the last time I weighed in at under 11 stone!

Please feel free to add me as a friend! and good luck to everyone for this week! :flowerforyou:

Ms_Natalie :happy:
  • beckiboo
    beckiboo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Ms_Natalie & Mairiki! :flowerforyou:

I lost 2.5lbs this week! Yay! I wanted to reach 155 this month which takes me to a BMI of 25, so I've only got 1.5lb to go until I reach it. Which means I'll hopefully be in the 10 stone range by the end of the month! So excited! :happy:
  • JimJam87
    JimJam87 Posts: 62
    Options
    Hi eveyone, hope you're all having a good week so far :flowerforyou:
    I went to an exercise at DW gym last night called Twisted Candy, has anyone tried it? It was sooooo much fun, it was like a dance aerobics class but different genres, so we did some hip hop and a bit of salsa as well. I loved it but I'm achey today! According to my HRM I burned nearly 550 cals too :smile:
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Hi eveyone, hope you're all having a good week so far :flowerforyou:
    I went to an exercise at DW gym last night called Twisted Candy, has anyone tried it? It was sooooo much fun, it was like a dance aerobics class but different genres, so we did some hip hop and a bit of salsa as well. I loved it but I'm achey today! According to my HRM I burned nearly 550 cals too :smile:

wow, that's a fantastic burn! It takes me nearly 50minutes of brisk jogging to get to that sort of calorie burn :happy:
    Today is a new day and I really am feeling optimistic! I'm going to jump on the treadmill this afternoon and aim for 4.5 miles/ or maybe even 5 if I feel up to it :laugh: I need to bump start my metabolism and hopefully I'll see a shift on the scales this friday. I'm even thinking of starting my own blog...maybe this will keep me determined and hold me accountable.

Thanks everyone for your warm welcomes. Have a great day everyone :flowerforyou:
  • thecountess
    thecountess Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    just saying hi on this posting im from lancashire and continuing to start dieting or dieting to continue dieting ...either way im here in the past ive always concentrated on food but this time ive decided to try and actually do more aswell so im sticking on a pedometer .but cant find anywhere on the site to enter pedometer step readings each day ...am i missing something
  • JimJam87
    Options
    just saying hi on this posting im from lancashire and continuing to start dieting or dieting to continue dieting ...either way im here in the past ive always concentrated on food but this time ive decided to try and actually do more aswell so im sticking on a pedometer .but cant find anywhere on the site to enter pedometer step readings each day ...am i missing something

Where in wonderful Lancs are you from? I'm from Blackburn x
  • JimJam87
    Options

Where in wonderful Lancs are you from? I'm from Blackburn x

STUPID SLOW COMPUTER MAKING ME DOUBLE POST! :grumble:
  • James501
    James501 Posts: 148
    Options
    Hey again to all the newbies. Great to see so many of you joining us losers:laugh:

Think this is by far the most members of team UK we have ever had.:smile:

Hope you are all finding this board as helpfull as i do.

Ok my friends i need your support in the next 2 weeks. 4lbs still to go before the end of the month and i really could do with a little support. Your positive words and any little tips would be brilliant to keep my eye on the prize. x

Hows everyone else doing this month?
  • malboroman
    Options
    A few more pounds down this week so happy-days! I was definitely craving some fried chicken tonight (why are there so many chicken shacks on my walk home?) but have managed to resist.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options

Pretty gutted about putting on 2lb last week. Hoping I can get back on track though as I don't want to start putting back on the weight I've worked hard to lose.
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    I feel like i'm doing okay, still fit treats into my calorie allowance (I should have fruit instead of a truffle or fab lolly but hey ho), not got enough exercise in though, going to make sure I do the 30 day shred tomorrow, and fit in a run. I've ordered some shiny new scales from amazon so I can see accurately what I weigh/lose and my body fat percentage, so that'll be good.

I'm doing a 5 day expedition next week for the duke of edinburgh gold award (my work force us to!) so going to burn squillions of calories next week! Just need to buy some lower cal boil in the bag meals, i'm not having 2000 a day like they expect us to with the ration packs they give out!
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Hey again to all the newbies. Great to see so many of you joining us losers:laugh:

Think this is by far the most members of team UK we have ever had.:smile:

Hope you are all finding this board as helpfull as i do.

Ok my friends i need your support in the next 2 weeks. 4lbs still to go before the end of the month and i really could do with a little support. Your positive words and any little tips would be brilliant to keep my eye on the prize. x

You can do it James! Really watch the sodium, drink loads of water and be good :wink:
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi everyone

I have been filling up on veggies and fruit, trying to keep away from the naughty biccys who are calling eat me, eat me. Managed to do a bit of exercise this morning too, and found an exercise website on the internet so did another 15 mins this evening.

Lauz45 I have some scales that tell me what my body mass index is as well as fat percentage and how hydrated I am. I must drink more water, but I always forget. The scales tell me that my fat weighs nearly 3 stone!!!! and my BMI is 28.6 (mind you it was 29.4 in October 09) so I suppose I am on the right track now, I'm just so impatient, that's why this site is so good for me, I used to give up because I wasn't seeing any results, but now I am logging my calories, checking in and (trying) to up my exercise and I realise that it is not going to be a quick fix. It helps to know that there are others finding it difficult too and we support each other.

Well it's nearly 11pm and I am so tired, I think I'll call it a night, (having trouble typing too!) Congratulations to all who are losing and to those like me who are a bit stuck at the moment, don't give up, we can do this - we can be losers!!

Good night

Viv (Wizzywig)