what are your 50 - 100 calorie "snacks"?

Options
Hi I'm new to MFP, so apologies if this is a common thread.
I'm doing ok with the calories BUT what I find really hard is when I know I have say 50 - 100 calories remaining and am HUNGRY but just can't think what to have... then I get all grumpy and end up settling on having an apple AGAIN!
..so.. can you tell me what you head for when you're in that situation? ... I want to make myself a list of quick easy satisfiers that don't take me over my calories.
Thanks in advance! :smile:

Replies

• Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    About a tablespoon of peanuts.
    One parboiled egg.
    Half of a grilled chicken breast (no skin).
  • suunflower
    suunflower Posts: 36
    Options
    Could always slice up multiple fruits or veggies and make a mini bowl :)
    They have 45 cal bread that's a m a z i n g. You could toast it and add some sugar free jams ( some are only 5 cal per tablespoon! )
    And those 100 cal popcorn packs I really like...but they might not be too filling!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Hardboiled eggs, cheese sticks, Greek yogurt, almonds (watch your portion sizes!), trail mix, apples and PB2, carrots & hummus, frozen banana slices (chocolate covered or with more PB2 usually)
  • filthyfit12
    Options
    They make 100 calorie oatmeal packs that are quick to make (90 seconds in microwave) and are filling. Other than that, I usually snack on rice cakes (50 calories a piece) or a small amount of fruit/veggies (cucumbers, celery, berries).
  • healthytanya1
    healthytanya1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    They have all kinds of breakfast bars that are around 100 calories. I love the fiber plus bars. I feel like I'm eating a candy bar. Also a lot of chip companies have preportioned 100 calorie packets. They are more expensive but its worth it to me cuz otherwise I would eat way more than 100 calories of chips. Plus it feels good to eat junk food in moderation. Cuz lets face it we all love junk food that's why we are here, lol.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Hardboiled eggs, cheese sticks, Greek yogurt, almonds (watch your portion sizes!), trail mix, apples and PB2, carrots & hummus, frozen banana slices (chocolate covered or with more PB2 usually)
    We are 50-100 calorie snack twins.
  • madhamey
    madhamey Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Ryvita with low fat cottage or cream cheese.
  • alexisjfrank
    Options
    Recently I have found that if you mix a little bit of peanut butter with plain greek yogurt, the pb goes further and its like a creamy whipped pb dip (but with way less calories). Really good with pretzels for that sweet and salty mix and any kind of fruit.
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    8 oz of fresh boiled asparagus = 50 cal

One of my fave snacks :)
  • suzzinkmartin
    Options
    I love this idea, thanks!:smile:
  • Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I like the 100-cal Kettle Corn popcorn packs, string cheese (the Cheesehead string cheese w/ 2% milk tastes the best, IMO, and is 50 cals), 1 tbsp of reduced fat peanut butter is 90-100 cals, depending on the brand (I like to eat that when I'm craving something sweet, plus it has protein too) - sometimes I just eat a few slices of deli meat, such as turkey - that's usually about 50 cals for 2 oz. The Emerald 100-cal packs of the cocoa almonds are also really yummy.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    crystal farms mozz string cheese 2% fat
  • whitnapkin
    whitnapkin Posts: 15
    Options
    I always go for half a grapefruit.
    Better than chocolate!!!! :)
  • Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Recently I have found that if you mix a little bit of peanut butter with plain greek yogurt, the pb goes further and its like a creamy whipped pb dip (but with way less calories). Really good with pretzels for that sweet and salty mix and any kind of fruit.

This sounds delicious! Must try.
  • SeaStar
    SeaStar Posts: 113
    Options
    hardboiled egg, string cheese, can of tuna, fruits and vegetables.
  • Britterboo22
    Britterboo22 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    white cheddar rice cakes
    double chocolate chunk granola bar= 90 cals
    frigos string cheese
    Yoplait light yogurt
  • MartinaNYC
    MartinaNYC Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    BANANA!
  • _Danno_
    _Danno_ Posts: 165
    Options
    Quavers or wotsits
  • suzend
    suzend Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Eat protein snacks....they keep you full longer.

50 calories - light string cheese (have it with some fruit if it's not enough

100 calorie pack of Emeral Natural Almonds (I buy the packs only because it limits me on how many I can eat!)

4 oz of boneless skinless chicken breast is about 110 calories

Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt 2x Protein - 80 calories

1/2 cup of Cottage Cheese approx. 90 to 100 calories

I love tabouli on stoned wheat crackers. I usually have about 1/4 cup tabouli (40 calories) and 7-8 crackers for 55 calories.

P.S. I know it says I joined in January (which I did), I just didn't start until May 15, 2013!!!
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    fruit
    1 tbsp of peanut butter
    1 oz of cheese
    2 cups of air popped popcorn
    celery and cream cheese
    handful of dried cranberries
    1/2 cup of organic applesauce
    Trader Joe's Fiberful fruit leather
    hard boiled egg
    hummus with veggies (cucumber or baby carrots)