Busty Ladies who Run - Help!!

Options

Replies

• isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I also find champion motion control bras are good...but I bought an Enell bra to fit my F-sized chest ....problem is that I am petite around the back and short...so I had to get the shoulder straps shortened on the Enell bra...a bit of a bummer since it is an expensive bra. I would try an Enell on before you buy it.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I use Champion underwire racerback bra (Champion Powerback Underwire Sports Bra). They are having a sale right now, they are only $24.99 i think go to www.championusa.com....I love mine so much I wear it all the time for support, most other regular bras don't give me the support that this one does!! I LOVE IT, I'm a 38 DD.

Ohhh thanks for the tip. I wear the same thing but need to get a smaller one. Well first I need to figure out what size the twins are now but I also love this bra.
  • Megooo19
    Megooo19 Posts: 199
    Options
    I wear a soft regular style bra with no underwire and a tight fitting sports bra. I think the key is to make sure your sports bra is tight, mine is not comfortable to wear all day its too tight, but its perfect for running.
  • hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I wear a REALLY TIGHT sports bra. The tightest one I can wear without spilling out the sides! It helps a lot! :)
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
  • facetiousblacguy
    facetiousblacguy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I agree w/ (nisijam5), DUCT TAPE! But seriously, i don't wear bras, but as a guy w/ man-boobs, wearing tight under armor and a cozy shirt does the trick for me. I guess wearing a good sports bra under that could do the trick.

374935.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • 29bubbles
    29bubbles Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've always had great luck with Champion bras... they have different types of support... look for the running ones or high intensity.
    I don't like the ones that are like regular bras..with the adjustable straps and such because the straps will start to rub on your skin and it hurts.

I also like JCPenneys for their selection. Cold Water Creek has some good ones on-line but they can be pricey.
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I've always had great luck with Champion bras... they have different types of support... look for the running ones or high intensity.
    I don't like the ones that are like regular bras..with the adjustable straps and such because the straps will start to rub on your skin and it hurts.
    I agree. I love the Champion Sports Bras without underwire with the adjustable velcro straps though. Those work so well for me! I am just getting to the size where I can start to wear racerback tanks again, but need a racerback bra style. I bought some new ones from Champion with the bra hook closure, but the sizing was way off. I'm actually a DD and bought a size down (L), and it's still too roomy. Off to return for a size M.
  • SFinn
    SFinn Posts: 43
    Options
    I am no where near you but when I did run when I was younger I would wear a regular underwire bra then put a sport bra on top of it. That really helped.

Also not a DD, but I still do this. Regular underwire bra and a sports bra on top.
  • LAmedic
    LAmedic Posts: 6
    Options
    Ladies, ladies, ladies (and gentlemen)!!! I have the solution! Seriously, Enell Sports Bra!!! After years and years of purchasing bra after bra and packing on the layers to hold the twins in, I was introduced to the Enell. I've used it in two different police and fire academies, both of which we ran miles and miles daily! It is an awesome bra! NO MORE bra over bra, stretching out, underwire or pain! It's a bit expensive, but well worth it. Check into it yourself...www.enell.com. (I swear I don't work for Enell) :)
  • kerrera
    kerrera Posts: 43
    Options
    Two bras - a good underwire one (primadonna) and sports bra (racer back truimph) have reduced from an E to DD to D so the exercise works.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I agree 100% w/ LAmedic---gotta go w/ Enell. I wear a 42DDD right now and I LOVE my Enell bra! Totally worth the $60. Enell.com was actually the most expensive site I saw them on though, so I'd really recommend doing a web search to compare pricing. I'm quite the bargain hunter.
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    I am no where near you but when I did run when I was younger I would wear a regular underwire bra then put a sport bra on top of it. That really helped.

This is what I do. I wear 40 DDD. It helps a lot.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I wear a sports bra that has an under wire and a tank with a built in bra on top of that! Good luck!
  • sofiabrycock
    Options
    I am a 34H, and used to wear 2 sports bras. I got serious chafing issues racing in hot weather. But in the UK, there wasn't much on offer that actually worked.....

I moved to the USA, and I have now invested in a moving comfort underwired sports bra (about $45) from a running store. MUCH better, although it was in a different size (I think it is a 36E).

Hardly ANY movement at all (and I have big boobs!) but because one of my boobs is slightly bigger I do find theunderwire can rub - so I just put some tape over that part and it is fine!

SERIOUSLY - invest in a good quality sports bra. Running will make your boobs travel south much sooner anyway, unless you support them properly. Ontop of that, loosing weight can also do the same thing!! EEK!
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Answer for now: I wear a regular underwire bra plus a nice firm support sports bra.
    Permanent answer: I'm getting a reduction/lift in December... hopefully after that I will be a nice comfy sports bra only kinda girl! and no longer be asked if I'm wearing a bra when riding the horses (when I'm where TWO)!
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    Ladies, ladies, ladies (and gentlemen)!!! I have the solution! Seriously, Enell Sports Bra!!! After years and years of purchasing bra after bra and packing on the layers to hold the twins in, I was introduced to the Enell. I've used it in two different police and fire academies, both of which we ran miles and miles daily! It is an awesome bra! NO MORE bra over bra, stretching out, underwire or pain! It's a bit expensive, but well worth it. Check into it yourself...www.enell.com. (I swear I don't work for Enell) :)

I second this! I am the owner of two bountiful 36G's. I learned about Enell from here and it changed my life. Try it and you'll never go back to discomfort while working out.
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    Get a sports bra that is designated for "high impact" sports. Racerbacks are the best, in my experience. And for the love of god, get one with a padded underwire and actually needs to be hooked like a normal bra. I get mine from Sports Authority (I'm a 36DD) and while its a little bit of an exercise itself getting into the bra (the fabric doesn't stretch as much as sports bras for smaller gal's) once it's on it's fantastic. I run and do Insanity workouts and the girls stay where they're supposed to, hardly move actually, and they probably look 1-2 cup sizes smaller when I'm wearing my sports bra.

EDIT: Also, your sports bras should be measured in actual bra sizes. If it's just "Large" then it is less likely to fit you well and can cause pain and discomfort.
  • vmsoto
    vmsoto Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello
    I'm new to this community, but I also love running. I'm not as good as I used to be due to slacking off and not running for several years. I just started up again, and I also have this problem. Wanted to let you know that I found a good bra at Victoria's Secret that actually gives me great support!! You may want to stop by and have them measure you and fit you with a good bra that will support while running.

Good luck!

Veronica
  • vmsoto
    vmsoto Posts: 5
    Options
    SERIOUSLY - invest in a good quality sports bra. Running will make your boobs travel south much sooner anyway, unless you support them properly. Ontop of that, loosing weight can also do the same thing!! EEK!

I agree! get a good running bra! I'm so disappointed on my boobs traveling south due to weight loss, though! Any ideas on how to stop this?

Veronica