Weight gain from period?

Options
Is it possible to weigh more during your period? I seemed to have gained 2 lbs.. and Im worried

Replies

• ebusacker_08
    ebusacker_08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't be worried! Everyone I know weighs at least a little more during that time of the month. I usually gain about 3 pounds before and as it progresses I lose it all. It's mostly water weight I think.
  • sailawaykate
    sailawaykate Posts: 126
    Options
    Probably water weight, if you're not upping your food intake. Aunt Irma only visits about once every 3 months for me (I heart my bc), and it is *always* accompanied by a few random pounds that get shed the week after with no changes in my routine.
  • geekprincess858
    Options
    Yes, this happens to me every month! But on day 2 of the period I lose it back. It must be bloating from water weight. Limit salty foods, drink lots of water and continue to work out to the best of your ability. Let us know how it goes after its gone.

=)
  • crissyniko
    crissyniko Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    gained 3lbs and I updated it on my profile....next week is gonna be a killer loss for me!!!
  • sehrler
    sehrler Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I can easily gain 5+lbs of water weight, comes right off in a couple days. I don't ever log that since I know what it's from and it's a quick blip.
    (oh and I looks like I only have 10 lbs of experience haha but I lost 45lbs last year on here...back again :( )
  • sambernardo
    sambernardo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    totally normal for that to happen :D No worries
  • ClumsyArtist
    ClumsyArtist Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Very normal. When I first started on here, it was only a week or so before my period. So I had a lost about 1.5 lbs and then gained 3! I freaked out and questioned everything I was doing, but everyone that's commented so far is right. It does come off after about a week. You might even drop more than what you've gained. :)
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to weigh more during your period? I seemed to have gained 2 lbs.. and Im worried

Did you eat a lot of chocolate, cake, and ice cream?
  • purpk
    purpk Posts: 9
    Options

Don't focus too much on the number. If you notice the number starts to runaway in the undesirable direction, I would start to focus on the number. Until then I really wouldn't worry about your weight fluctuating. I personally go from 155-164 and back again in within a few days so when people ask how much I weigh I usually just tell them 160. Bloating that comes along with the period would more than likely be the cause of your sudden weight gain.

Chill :)
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of such a thing. I think you should see your doctor right away.
  • eperezamora
    eperezamora Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I gained 5lbs during my visit.. I will weigh in again on sunday, to get my ''REAL" weight,lol
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    personally usually 2-5lbs is normal , as long as i know its from that and not my bad eating habits, i ignore it
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    OMG... I always gain. I do my best to not step on the scale during that whole week (before until the day after, lol).

It's completely normal, it's not really fat your gaining either. Just do your best to eat well and keep moving as any other day. Our bodies with fluctuate anywhere from 2-5 lbs in any normal day, even more when it's that time of the month.

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself during my period because I know it'll be up a bit and I don't want to get discouraged. I feel fat and frumpy during my period even at my goal weight. I try to drink extra water and do yoga. I think it helps.
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Yep, last month, I jumped up 4 pounds a few days before and stayed with me for a few days after. Then just as suddenly, all 4 where gone again. It happens.
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Yup, I weigh around 5lbs more. I assume its from my cravings for salty meats.