Random Love Handles? (Pic, Scary...sorry...)

Options
2»

Replies

• WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    You've only lost 4 pounds.

It will look better once you've lost a lot more weight.

THIS! I was going to say the exact same thing. According to your ticker, you have 65 lbs that you would like to lose and you've only lost 8 lbs of it (WAY TO GO!). I didn't notice any difference in my body until around 20 lbs gone... That being said, IMO, larger bellies do sometimes look better because they are smoother and filled out. Once you start losing, you lose that "rounded" shape and the result may not look as uniform (i.e. bumpy, disproportionate, etc! Welcome to the club! lol). Give it some time!!!
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I think our tummies go through so much each and every pregnancy,I have three and the last two were c sections. I don't even know what the heck my tummy is doing these days. Your photo is not horrible and don't worry. It will get better. Eat sensibly and exercise as I'm sure you're already doing, my youngest is 9 months and it is getting there. Yours will too!!!

Keep up the good work :smile:
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    No matter what we do, those lovely pregnancy reminders tend to be the last to really leave us. Just keep up the great work, and slowly it will get MUCH better! :flowerforyou:
  • cathybabe70
    cathybabe70 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I also have noticed that my belly flap(which is significantly larger and scarier than yours lol) is in a different location and looks more prominent in certain areas now that I have lost some weight. Here is my theory as to why that has happened...there used to more weight pulling it down...so when it was larger, most of it's mass appeared to be in the middle. All that weight was pulling down and "smoothing" out some of the extra skin and fat that existed on the sides, giving the illusion that there wasn't as much extra skin in that area. But now that the flap is not as heavy, it's no longer pulling down on and smoothing the rest of the skin, so the bit on the sides is now more noticeable. Hope that makes sense. Again...just my theory. It's certainly not pretty(mine, I mean...not yours) but I take solace in the fact that it is shrinking. Just keep doing what you're doing hon, and it will shrink even more. BTW, cut yourself a little slack...I think that having had a couple of kids, your tummy looks pretty good. Best of luck on the rest of your weight loss journey.

Forgot to mention I've had 4 kids...but they are only partially to be blamed for my tummy flap. lol
  • Jessica_D_Shadow
    Jessica_D_Shadow Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the support. It means so much to have a community here to help me through my panic attacks when I look in the mirror. Hehe. You all make me feel so much better about what I'm doing and how I'm doing. To those in the same boat or were in the same boat, youre all more than welcome to add me. I do my best to keep my friends on the ball as I hope they will do the same for me. I have my calorie intake mostly under control, I really need to work on getting my fitness portion off my journey under control. =) thank you everyone again for all the support that gets me motivated to keep on keepin on.
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    When I was at my biggest my belly was big but round. Now that I've lost 30 pounds I have a hanging belly with a pouch. It's not just you! I just have faith that sooner or later all that will tighten up.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing with my tummy. Always have, got a lot worse after I had my son 16 months ago. But now, its slowly starting to tighten up so I am hoping it will go away for the most. You are doing great :flowerforyou:
  • 311melissa
    311melissa Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Exercise is key in getting firm. High Intensity Interval Training (alternating between high intensity and low intensity movements) for cardio and do strength training. Strength training is key in getting fit and many fitness professionals say it's even more important than doing cardio.

Diet is still 80% of weight (fat) loss. Eat clean and healthy 90% of the time.

Keep it up and you'll lose....and win. ;)

melissa
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    @chaelez- Thank you for the kind words. :flowerforyou: Slow & Steady wins the extra skin race I have heard. So I will keep on truckin' the healthy way. I hope my boobs & my butt are the last to go though. But I really, really doubt that one.

Save the Ta Tas and Baddunkadunks!
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    If its something you want to go away, moderate calorie deficit and start lifting. Weightloss is just a calorie game... composition, muscle, firmness..."toned" those are all directly related to how you workout.

Weightloss might make you look good, but strength training is going to ensure that when the fat is gone there's muscle there so that you look even better naked. :)
  • cookieluvsya
    cookieluvsya Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    pshhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Thats nothing!! But yes I agree with the others.. it will go away.. I had a HUGE BELLY.. then when I started losing weight, it looked like my belly was deflating and there was a saggy nasty stomach.. (that is where I am at now ) :sad: but I am confident It will go away with a lot more exercise and weight training :) 2 kids, 2 c sections.. we can do it!
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jennifersmiles444
    jennifersmiles444 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Looks very familiar. I had that belly 'smile' after a couple of months of working out ( had lost about 10 lbs.) I even had a 'smile' on the back of one thigh...Go figure! Both have gotten much better after more weight loss and more weeks of exercise. Keep at it, and things will even out:)
  • XxYeaIrocxX
    XxYeaIrocxX Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thats exactly what my stomach looks like.
    I've been told it'll go away, just keep working on it =)
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't let it bother you, just keep with the working out and It will go away eventually.
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Look and feel better