My Shakeology tastes like...

Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,571 Member
    Options
    The sad thing is, BB tries to justify the cost by claiming it's a total meal replacement, yet just about everyone seems to have to load it with bananas or other fruit, peanut butter, almond or coconut milk, or a bunch of other ingredients to choke it down. All those add-ins add up to a lot more $$, making it an even worse value.
    THIS. Now that calorie count has gone much higher.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Why use a product that is so nasty it has to be doctored up to be tolerable?

There are any number of whey protein mixes on the market that are not nasty. Then, when and if you add something, it'll be to create the nutritional profile you want, not to help you choke it down.

I use Zero Carb Isopure in vanilla or unflavored. Mixed with water and mio for flavor. It's just protein and not a "meal replacement" which is ok by me. If you want a meal replacement...add whatever you like.
  • lvsglass
    lvsglass Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love the chocolate vegan Shakeology and have been using it for two months. I add ice, water and 1/2 cup coconut water (for the potassium) and that's it. I continue to lose weight, feel good and energetic and have a noticeable healthier digestive system. And...I'm not a BB coach.
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I have Optimum Nutrtion Caramel Toffee Fudge Whey and a tastes a lot better than that Shakeology crap.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't have to add things to chocolate anything to make it palatable. That is a crime, in Wonkaland.
  • turboturtlepower
    Options
    Add some fruit. I'm a coach, LOVE shakeology BUT some of these coaches are over their heads...it does NOT taste that good. Yes, it curbs cravings...and it's healthy, but it ain't no godiva chocolate. It tastes healthy for a reason.
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    If it tastes that bad, throw it out and consider it an expensive lesson learned. Life is too short to force something that tastes like *kitten* on yourself--even if you gussie it up with fruit, it will still taste like, well, fruit-flavored *kitten*. Stick to food from now on!

You say that as if fruit-flavored *kitten* is a bad taste.
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own taste preferences.
    I personally enjoy it straight as is, mixed in water.......no fruits or other additions.

My wife doesn't like it at all. I've tried adding peanut butter and other things, and my wife just doesn't like it.......so it's just a preference from one person to another.
  • lidscha
    lidscha Posts: 1
    Options
    To all the people who says shakeology is not a good product.....You obviously don't know what you are talking about! I was completely stuck at a weight for 6 months until I started shakeology and now I'm losing weight again, didn't do anything different besides drink shakeology. You should actually try something for an extended period of time before giving an opinion.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    To all the people who says shakeology is not a good product.....You obviously don't know what you are talking about! I was completely stuck at a weight for 6 months until I started shakeology and now I'm losing weight again, didn't do anything different besides drink shakeology. You should actually try something for an extended period of time before giving an opinion.

Excellent first post after joining in September of 2011. I'm glad this controversial topic finally broke you out of your shell.
  • cookieluvsya
    cookieluvsya Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You have to get used to the taste.. When I first tried it it was so nasty to me and added a bunch of different things. Now I can drink it with ice water, nothing else.. I actually like the taste, sometimes I like to add some pecans in there too. People like to talk **** on how its a waste of money, but its a Convenient meal replacement.. Do what you like.. but yeah.. it takes a while for you to get used to the flavor lol
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Add some fruit. I'm a coach, LOVE shakeology BUT some of these coaches are over their heads...it does NOT taste that good. Yes, it curbs cravings...and it's healthy, but it ain't no godiva chocolate. It tastes healthy for a reason.

I'll agree, it's not like you're drinking a chocolate truffle.
    On the other hand, I've had several other varieties of meal replacement / protein shakes, and they all are a little bit rough around the edges as far as taste is concerned.

I don't exactly drink Shakeology to have my tastebuds explode with ecstacy with every sip.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    If it tastes that bad, throw it out and consider it an expensive lesson learned. Life is too short to force something that tastes like *kitten* on yourself--even if you gussie it up with fruit, it will still taste like, well, fruit-flavored *kitten*. Stick to food from now on!

I'm a fan of your level of common sense.
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options

Excellent first post after joining in September of 2011. I'm glad this controversial topic finally broke you out of your shell.

$5 on a Beachbody coach or fanatic.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    for the price, it should taste like an 10oz filet mignon with a peach pie after taste
  • KristyAnn81
    KristyAnn81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I've actually started to enjoy the taste and I even ordered Greenberry off eBay to try a packet or too and liked that a lot better. I think the chocolate is too strong or chalky or something... I dunno... but thanks!

If it did taste like Godiva Chocolate, there'd be no issue. :)