Motivation: To join the U.S. Navy;

Options
I'm twenty years old and ready to do something more with my life. Something productive.
But the only thing is.. Gotta lose some weight before that's possible.
Right now I weigh 220 lbs.
Yikes!
I don't know how I let myself get to this point. But I'm ready to kick some butt.
This is what I want.

If there's anyone out there in the same position as me, or has been, feel free to comment and talk here. I'd love to hear from you!

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best in your weight loss and navy journey! I wasn't part of the Navy, but both of my parents and my grandfathers are navy veterans.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I learned this from experience: the Navy does not consider a thong to be appropriate underwear. They will kick you out of your physical for wearing one. :noway:
  • skymel14
    skymel14 Posts: 30
    Options
    I am currently in the Navy but having to leave due to my weight. Nevermind the fact that I can pass the PT test easily- I am just overweight. Oh well, it's still an honorable discharge.

Now i am going to lose weight FOR ME, not FOR THE NAVY.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,010 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who was on MFP for the same reason, but she is reporting to boot camp this week, so she can't give you any pointers. However, I believe there is a group for folks trying to get into the Navy or the service or something. Check out the groups.

Good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • BGoodz22
    BGoodz22 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    5 months ago I had the same motivation as you. I weighed more (263 lbs) with the goal of joining the Army's Intel core. I now am 214 lbs and still plugging away. Should be ready by end of summer for boot camp!

Just curious: what made you choose the navy?
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! Keep that drive and determination burning!