Let's see how many low carb chicken dishes you come up with?

So I am one of the few who can not eat seafood. I just do not like it, I'm usually stuck cooking the same boring chicken/veggie dish so can you share different chicken recipes or ideas so I can try them out... :) Thanks FP

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    grilled chicken breast.

Carbs: 0.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Chicken with Almonds

Take a grilled chicken breast, slice, sautee quickly with a handful of almonds, shallot and garlic in salt, pepper and butter.

Carbs: only in the garlic, almond, and shallots. Negligible.
  • Georgianbaygirl67
    Georgianbaygirl67 Posts: 97 Member
    Not sure on carbs- salsa chicken- cover chicken breasts with a jar of salsa mixed with a bit of mustard and a tbsp or 2 of brown sugar.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    I really hate when I'm forced to be Captain Obvious but chicken has no carbs. Season it right, cook it up so it stays juicy and you have a terrific high protein no carb meal. You don't need to eat carbs with every meal.
  • recoveryjunky
    recoveryjunky Posts: 162 Member
    THIS
    http://thissimplegift.blogspot.com/2011/08/mamas-home-made-version-of-papas.html

So what you do is put all of the ingredients in a casserole dish and don't use the crust. Put it in the oven till it's browned and it is AMAZING. Oh my freaking gosh it is good... And use the liquid smoke. Also, pizza cheese is necessary :) I used Gregg's ranch (from costco) and I did some garlic powder and onion powder on the chicken when I grilled. Man, if I could still do low carb, I would eat this every night... SO GOOD.
  • faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    I'm going to go ahead and guess that she tried that one already Captain Obvious:laugh:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Chicken with Almonds

Take a grilled chicken breast, slice, sautee quickly with a handful of almonds, shallot and garlic in salt, pepper and butter.

wow sounds delish and super simple... gonna try this one... thanks :)

I really hate when I'm forced to be Captain Obvious but chicken has no carbs. Season it right, cook it up so it stays juicy and you have a terrific high protein no carb meal. You don't need to eat carbs with every meal.

Thanks Capain I know that about chicken..lol Guess I was making sure people didn't post things like Chicken Alfredo or fried chicken..lol But thanks for that educational input...
    Sheesh... rough night on MFP it seems!

OP...I read what you wrote and understood it just fine...:wink: I'll add some later when I get settled...

I know what you mean about low-carb chicken meals.. chicken is healthy until various types of other items are added in... then it changes to a bit less healthy depending on what's put in of course.
    seasoned chicken breast stuffed w fresh steamed spinach and fresh mozzarella!
    ea7d29d3-faaf-4aad-8715-b281dd35d06c_zpsa18b2569.jpg
    tasty looking...amazing what a simple photo can do to explain the recipe and make you decide if it's a go or not. I think it's a go!:love::laugh:
  • Lovelyladydawn
    Lovelyladydawn Posts: 41 Member

Thanks Capain I know that about chicken..lol Guess I was making sure people didn't post things like Chicken Alfredo or fried chicken..lol But thanks for that educational input...
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    seasoned chicken breast stuffed w fresh steamed spinach and fresh mozzarella!
    ea7d29d3-faaf-4aad-8715-b281dd35d06c_zpsa18b2569.jpg
  • Lovelyladydawn
    Lovelyladydawn Posts: 41 Member
    Chicken with Almonds

wow sounds delish and super simple... gonna try this one... thanks :)

I'm on board with that!! lol Not expensive either so double bonus..
  • 6spdeg
    healthy sautee peppers n onions with sliced chicken breast seasoned with lil taco seasoning and some fresh salsa n light sour cream. I choose to throw on some jalapeños but thats just me.
  • 6spdeg
    another i do is baked chicken breast with lil spaghetti sauce and fresh mozz on top with oregano and what ever veg you want like mushrooms n onions peppers etc. kinda same thing you'd put on pizza or in spaghetti.

just need to know what flavors you like and can make anything.
  • CLL1001
    CLL1001 Posts: 40 Member
    bump
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    So I am one of the few who can not eat seafood. I just do not like it, I'm usually stuck cooking the same boring chicken/veggie dish so can you share different chicken recipes or ideas so I can try them out... :) Thanks FP

Why are you limiting yourself to only chicken and vegetables?

What about pork, beef, lamb, goat, deer, bison, etc?????
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member

You can have chicken alfredo..........the alfredo sauce and chicken is low carb already. Just serve over a bed of steamed broccoli or steamed zucchini instead of noodles.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,787 Member
    I just like to sautée a whole mess of mushrooms (with PAM spray, not oil or butter) with some strong onions and/or garlic, pan-sear some chicken breast tenderloins in the juices (again, with PAM) until brown + crisp on the outside, then put one (2oz, 50cal) or two (4oz, 100cal) tenderloins on top of the mushrooms (maybe 100cal if you have A LOT). It's delicious! If you wilt some baby spinach, sprinkle it with Mrs. Dash or garlic salt, and mix it in, it's even better.

Alternate recipe: take those pan-seared chicken tenderloins, dice them up, put 1-2 of them (2-4oz) in a salad with "power" baby greens (spinach, beet greens, Swiss chard, Romaine lettuce, whatever), diced raw mushrooms, .5 of a diced tomato, one or two water-marinated artichoke hearts, and some diced up pickled beets. BEST SALAD EVER. If you need dressing, one or two tablespoons (25-50cals) of Bolthouse Farms or Marketside yogurt dressing does wonders, or! You can use the juice from the pickled beets; it's DELICIOUSLY NOMMY.
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Bump
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Thai chicken curry (red/green/yellow/massaman). Grab a jar of curry paste of your choice (or make your own) and a can of light coconut milk. Cook chicken and your choice of veggies according to instructions on the jar. Number of carbs will depend on the choice of veggies. I like sweet potato, eggplant, capsicum (peppers), onion but you can use anything.
  • cfriend71
    cfriend71 Posts: 207 Member
    I'm guessing she is doing low carb and looking for "new" and exciting ways to make her boring chicken more desirable. I am pretty sure she knows the chicken has no carbs. Wow... not necessary. People are grumpy.

Anyway to the original poster, do you have a George Forman grill?

I cut up my boneless skinless chicken breast tenders into thin strips, then coat them in Franks red hot sauce, and then put the following spices on them:

black pepper
    cumin
    cilantro
    chile powder
    garlic powder

the Franks red hot makes the chicken nice and spicy and makes the spices stick. then grill them on the GF grill

After that I use whole romaine leaves as "taco shells" and then I make my own pico de gallo (onions, tomatoes, celery, jalapenos, and the spices listed above, and a little tiny bit of vinegar) - put the chicken in the romaine shells, top with pico de gallo, you've got low carb and DELICIOUS tacos!! Enjoy!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Thai stirfry with chicken, veggies and cashew nuts. Use a combination of garlic, chilli, lime, fish sauce, oyster sauce and sugar (sweetener for low carb) for the sauce. I like this with carrots, capsicum, onion, spring onion and beans but any veggies will do.

Stirfrys are a great way to make chicken and veggies things more interesting, you can do just about anything for the sauce.

See for example

http://www.fortysomething.ca/2012/05/15_basic_stir_fry_sauce_recipes.php