Calorie burning tracking device suggestions for my routine

Options
Hi all. First time post!

I'm looking for suggestions for a heart rate monitor for use with my work out plan. I was hoping for feedback. For a bit of context, technology seems to help me stay engaged in my fitness goals/plan. An iPhone app that keeps my work out schedule, for example, is more effective than a paper schedule. Nike's fuel band and Jawbone's UP have caught my eye thus far because of reviews I've seen.

I'm two weeks into Insanity, a week into couch 2 5k, and 24 hours into calorie counting with my food.

My search began primarily because I'm hoping to use something to help me with my calorie burning awareness for my work outs (I also play hockey twice a week and it'd be an aded perk if I could track that). Assistance in goal setting is a plus, progress reports are interesting, counting steps and distance are just bonuses considering C2K5 and Nike+ iPhone app does some of that. Jawbone's sleep tracking and food/calorie counting isn't enough to sway me but screen on Nike's is a really nice benefit. Thanks for reading!

Too long; didn't read: I like techy stuff and need HRM/calorie burning tracking. Thoughts?

Replies

• allisonsirius
    Options
    I have been using a Polar FT4 for about 3 weeks now and really like it. It is not the fanciest HRM, but it gives me the calorie and time information I want. It costs in the $60-$70 range on Amazon. The display is large and it is also easy to use and play with the settings during the work out
  • RoyalMoose11
    RoyalMoose11 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Checking that out now.
  • IronAngel26pt2
    IronAngel26pt2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Have you considered using a BodyBugg? I've used mine for 3 years and just got the latest one. The newest model will sync with myfitnesspal. The device calculates the calories you burn. It is 90% accurate. It will also monitor your sleep pattern for overall health. On sale right now for $109
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I really find the Bodymedia Fit Link to be motivational.
  • Morgan_Mack
    Morgan_Mack Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I also have the FT4, and I love it! It works great and it's super easy to use.
  • meandmyface
    meandmyface Posts: 328
    Options
    Another vote for the polar ft4! Love mine, has all the features I need, tracks and logs your time, calories burnt, heart rate, high heart rate, average heart rate for your workout, etc. Very easy to use too! :)
  • IronAngel26pt2
    IronAngel26pt2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    yeah!! that is what i just got. The Link. I am so loving the improvements they have made!