What is 30 mins at gym like for you?

2»

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    That's just enough time to do a basic 2-lift workout without accessory work. Squat + bench, deadlift + press, etc.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    When I first started working out, the elliptical was my go-to machine. I was super sedentary and without even changing my diet (and before I joined this website), I lost 10 pounds just by using it for about 30 minutes every second day for 6 weeks. I think I might have also thrown in some weights there. If you just joined a gym, see if you're entitled to a complimentary fitness assessment with a trainer. If you are, the trainer should be able to create a program for you and will show you how to use the different machines. In any case, trainers should be around to show you how to use the machines.

As others have mentioned, you might also want to check out the classes. I used to really enjoy working out on my own, but lately I seem to gravitate more to the classes. The instructor always pushes me harder than I push myself and that the class is only offered at a certain time means I don't put off actually going!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    i dont have a time limit but i spend between 1-2hrs a day

m - legs and triceps; cardio (1hr)
    tu - cardio (1hr)
    w - Chest and shoulders; cardio (1hr)
    th - cardio (1hr)
    f - back and biceps; cardio (1hr)
    Sat - cardio (1hr)
    Sun - cardio (1hr, optional)
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Good for you that you can do 30mins a day. I couldn't mentally handle that, I enjoy 3 days a week, 90mins per day way too much. If you enjoy your routine that's the most important thing.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Today I did 20 minutes on the treadmill and then I was with my trainer. (I did wall to wall pushups, bent over rows, plank push ups, push & pulls, deltoid flies, & pull ups)
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    30 mins is my "mini workout", it's how I started, and now I alternate between a full workout (45-50 mins) and the 30 min

20 min - treadmill
    breakdown: first 5 mins - 4.2mph, 3% incline; middle 10 mins - 4.0mph 9% incline; final 5 mins - 4.0mph 3% incline

10 min - abs/arms
    breakdown: 3-5 min ab routine; 3-5 min weightlifting routine

that's my 30 mins :smile:

"That was the pre-warmup, to get you ready for the warmup to get you ready for the pre-workout followed by the workout, which precedes the post-workout. Then we're doing a little 60 minute warmdown."

For the ill-informed. :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNf606dfCb0

Lol I know it's not a lot, but it keeps me in shape :smile: I also love Zumba or Jazzercise. dancing is an AWESOME way to work out!! and fun!
  • shia23
    shia23 Posts: 6 Member
    I find walking at a quick pace like 3.6 or 3.7 on the treadmill with an incline of at least 5% or higher gives a good burn and makes you sweat, it makes for an effective quick workout