Hi Everyone

Options
I am new to this site too and I am looking for friends to inspire me! I am a 44 year-old mom and I just found this site. I love the idea of this and I hope it will help me obtain my goals!

Replies

• CJM1224
    CJM1224 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi - I'm new and I can't wait to get started! I have at least 100 lbs to lose- this is what happens when 1) You don't try to lose the baby weight (from 8 years ago), 2) you spend 2 years in grad school AND 3) you quit smoking. Recently, I spent about 30 days doing an intense liver flush (lost 11 lbs) and have been going to accupuncture for 3 months to get my arthritis pain (knee) under control so I can exercise again. I am 42 (43 in December) and have basically lacked the motivation to establish and keep going on a weight loss program!
  • CJM1224
    CJM1224 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi there - I am new as of today too!
  • failleen
    failleen Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi all, I am new to this site as well and looking forward to making new friends and helping to encourage others in their weight loss journey. I am a 43 year (young) mom of 2 great kids(17 & 13) with a wonderful husband(just celebrated 18 years) and I want to lose 60 lbs so i can be around for my family. My current weight is 215lbs and my goal weight is 155lbs. Just want to be healthier, not anorexic. Looking forward to hearing from each of you and would love to be your friend and encourage you.
  • failleen
    failleen Posts: 11
    Options
    avonmom, we are the close in age and I would love to be yor friend and help encourage you on your journey.:flowerforyou:
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Hi girls. Welcome to MFP. You're gonna love this site. Please feel free to add me as a friend for support and motivation - we all need it! I wish you all nothing but complete success in your journey. Always remember that "You cannot have a positive life with a negative mind". So....get focused and get going.