what are your 50 - 100 calorie "snacks"?

Options
13»

Replies

• 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Apple, mini light baybel cheese, Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt.
  • Brenda4105
    Brenda4105 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    If your a chocolate nut (which I am) I like to take Kelloggs Krave cereal, the double chocolate one and eat it dry. 3/4 cup is only 120 cal. It is shaped like little squares, so by eating them one at a time it takes a while to eat and by they time your finished your no longer hungry and actually had something healthy.
    Fresh fruit is always a good thing. I also found a sugar free fudgesicle that is only 40 calories, again if you don't bite it it lasts a long time and your over being hungry by the time your finished. Plus you feel like you had a treat. The Fiber One bars - chocolate-pretzel is my current favorite for 90 cal. I did just find that Meijer brand fiber bars are only 100 cal and 1/2 the cost of the Fiber one.
    I loved this post. I learnt a lot of new ideas. Thanks for asking.
  • samanthawardle31
    samanthawardle31 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    A small banana. a little over 100 cals but Danio high protein yoghurts are amazing, really creamy and filling, about 130 cals. I eat one daily! Kallo chocoalte rice cakes are a healthy snack.
  • Flan656
    Flan656 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I chop up loads of cucumber/celery sticks and make the most amazing curry mayo dip/ garlic mayo dip- its barely 50 calories for loads of cucumber and dip!

Dip directions-

2tbsp of either helmans 'lighter than light mayo'- = 20cal
    OR
    2tbsp of fage, fat free greek yoghurt- = approx 30 cal

AND

1 tsp of korma paste- I use a mild one made by Patak. - 20cal
    OR
    1/2 tsp of 'lazy garlic' or garlic puree from a tube.

With the curry dip you can also add in spices like- cumin, or curry powder. Both dips are actually nicer if you make them an hour or two before, loads of flavor going on!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Small banana
  • silmarilliane
    silmarilliane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    if you're in the UK, alpen light bars are under 70 calories and have chocolate, lemon drizzle, cherry bakewell etc flavours. i use them to replace a chocolate bar most days. also in between meals i find boiled sweets like cherry drops are handy - last a while and only 15 or so calories.
  • Obscuring
    Obscuring Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Cheese Stick!
  • jellyfish1976
    Options
    I mix cottage cheese and salsa. Yummy and satisfying!
  • gillporteous
    Options
    two rice cakes (about 30 cals each) with houmous :)
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Cherries are my latest favorite snack.
  • mbelle97
    mbelle97 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    light cheese stick
    100 grams of strawberries or watermelon
    hard boiled egg
    100-200 grams of cucumber
    "dip" maybe with light sour cream and ranch dressing powder
  • smesche
    smesche Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My latest go to snack is strawberries drizzled with some wildflower honey I picked up at the farmer's market last weekend.
  • bobbimrn
    bobbimrn Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love crackers and hummus or the 100 calorie snack bags but I have found out the hard way I will eat the entire box so now I stick with the 100 cal popcorn or real fruit popsicle (80 cal). I find even it I "screw up and have 2" I still haven't done that much damage and it makes me happy! Another great go to is the veggie and hummus. It is filling and low-cal...and I can't go overboard. But thanks everyone because I got some new ideas I want to try! Go MFP
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Try black bean salsa on celery, a piece of sweet pepper, or a leaf from a romaine heart. The beans give protein and fiber, and the spiciness of the salsa makes it more satisfying.

My go-to smaller snack, though, is a pickle. It's high in sodium, but otherwise largely water. A large dill pickle will give you 1.5 g of fiber, about 15 calories, and a feeling of being full.
  • Swampyankee512
    Options
    Seaweed. You can get it at Costco or in some grocery stores. It is delicious. Also one or two dried figs.