pre-workout supplements

Options
gazrec
gazrec Posts: 38 Member
can anyone suggest a good pre-workout supplement apart from protein plz. i do bootcamp 3xweek at 6am and weightlifting inbetween i always have a protein shake after workout but want to try another supplement. thanks

Replies

• projectbam
    projectbam Posts: 55
    Options
    what are you after dude? .. something for help with an energy boost, focus and intensity?

If so; i have just recently tried:
    Nutrex Hemo-Rage - mixes well and tastes good and gives a pretty instant kick up the *kitten*.
    Grenade .50 Calibre Pre-Workout - same as above really.

Would use both again but they are pretty expensive. I guess they are both packed with Caffeine/ Arginine/ Taurine/ Green Tea. So a much cheaper option might be a big mug of coffee or green tea :))
  • purpk
    purpk Posts: 9
    Options
    can anyone suggest a good pre-workout supplement apart from protein plz. i do bootcamp 3xweek at 6am and weightlifting inbetween i always have a protein shake after workout but want to try another supplement. thanks

Buy a nutribullet. Fruits are high in healthy sugars which will give you quite the energy boost when combined with other high energy boosting fruits. For example, a whole apple will give you more of a boost than a cup of coffee in the morning (this if a scientific fact).

If you haven't heard of nutribullet just google it, there's plenty of info on google.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Food. Supplements are pretty much unnecessary.
  • plantboy2
    plantboy2 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    What are you looking for from it? If it is energy then a complex carb is healthy energy release - porridge or bananas (I mash up a banana with an egg until mush and fry it as a pancake with cinnamon, blueberries etc - nice). If you just want a hit to let you rage through the workout, pop a couple of pro plus or neck some espressos! Post work out/recovery should be something a little sugary according to my research - like a sports drink or even chocolate milk.
  • lauren_gibbons
    lauren_gibbons Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for a quick boost, I have just tried ASN Pre Charge Hardcore, good taste/mixability includes the usual caffeine/taurine, creatine and 11gs of protein per serve. And only £19.99.

Best buzz Ive had from a supplement